View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wolves To Win

    2 100.00%
  • Blues To Win

    0 0%
  • Draw

    0 0%
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Wolves v Blues Matchday Thread

  1. #1

    Wolves v Blues Matchday Thread



    Match Preview Click Here

    With promotion having been confirmed yesterday evening following Fulham's 1-1 draw with Brentford, it's now up to Wolves to get enough points to secure the title.

    The game is live on sky sports and kicks off at 12pm uk time.

  2. #2
    Forgot this match started early. Woke up to a 1-0 lead so can’t complain. Goals by Afobe and Jota give us a 2-0 victory. Only need one more point, or Cardiff dropping points, to secure the title. Have to imagine it was a great atmosphere today.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,650
    Referee was shocking today in my opinion.

    The fact that he got in the way of 2 Wolves passes and 1 Blues pass didn't help.

  4. #4
    Just back after an exciting day and what an atmosphere at the golden palace. I hope Steve Morgan and Mr Mendes enjoyed it. I will start with the referee, who was out of the Atwell camp. He just seemed to turn a blind eye to most of the treatment that was being dished out to Neves. It was a hobble when he was subed, and I am sure he will have some sore ankles and legs.

    In the end it was a very comfortable victory, but it could have been so different had Ruddy not made a terrific double save in the first ten minutes. The save was almost all he had to do to keep his 22nd clean sheet of the season. It is easy to see why Birmingham are near the bottom, as they chased the ball, with Wolves having over seventy percent possession. Costa was a constant thorn to the Blues and on one break he forced the away defendef into a red card. Two well taken goals by the reliable Jota, and Afobi sparked wild celebrations at the final whistle.

    Mendes who was at the game, will I am sure have names pencilled in, as we now build for next August. However, it would be nice to finish off the season in style, particularly as Sunderland is the only team we havn't beaten this season.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Just back after an exciting day and what an atmosphere at the golden palace. I hope Steve Morgan and Mr Mendes enjoyed it. I will start with the referee, who was out of the Atwell camp. He just seemed to turn a blind eye to most of the treatment that was being dished out to Neves. It was a hobble when he was subed, and I am sure he will have some sore ankles and legs.

    In the end it was a very comfortable victory, but it could have been so different had Ruddy not made a terrific double save in the first ten minutes. The save was almost all he had to do to keep his 22nd clean sheet of the season. It is easy to see why Birmingham are near the bottom, as they chased the ball, with Wolves having over seventy percent possession. Costa was a constant thorn to the Blues and on one break he forced the away defendef into a red card. Two well taken goals by the reliable Jota, and Afobi sparked wild celebrations at the final whistle.

    Mendes who was at the game, will I am sure have names pencilled in, as we now build for next August. However, it would be nice to finish off the season in style, particularly as Sunderland is the only team we havn't beaten this season.

    Was Steve Morgan there today ??

  6. #6
    Yes he was, he was sitting next to Jef Shi in the directors box with Mendes. My son was watching the TV coverage and the cameras honed in on him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,650
    ...wearing his Wolves scarf.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    ...wearing his Wolves scarf.
    Indeed!

  9. #9
    A comfortable win, especially with the pressure off following Fulham's draw with Brentford. Knowing we had already gained promotion the day before enabled myself to enjoy the game and atmosphere. We could've stepped it up a notch or two, but Blues were no match for Wolves, despite the two saves Ruddy made in the first half.

    I actually think the ref was in the first half was trying to let the game flow, but some of the challenges were a joke, especially ones on both Cavaleiro and Neves. Good players will always come under attack from opponents who's only objective is to stop them, if by fouling them, that's all they know.

    Strikers thrive on goals, so once Jota had given Wolves the lead, it was good to see Afobe get on the scoresheet, at least it ended up in the net, unlike his previous effort. All the players deserve praise for this game and the way they have consistently performed this season.

    It was also good to see the players and staff given time to show their appreciations to the crowd, bar three fans that got on the pitch, i think it went really well.

  10. #10


    Harley Dean can have no complaints regarding his red card. He gave the ref no choice.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post


    Harley Dean can have no complaints regarding his red card. He gave the ref no choice.
    I’m a little surprised that they’ve gone to appeal on it it was so clear cut... two footed challenge, no contact with the ball... how can it be anything but a red?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    I’m a little surprised that they’ve gone to appeal on it it was so clear cut... two footed challenge, no contact with the ball... how can it be anything but a red?

    Exactly, he deserved to go, Blues have now accepted the sending off and he will be banned for the next two games.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,650
    The referee was shocking I thought.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •