+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Blues Matchday Thread

Wolves v Blues Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

With promotion having been confirmed yesterday evening following Fulham's 1-1 draw with Brentford, it's now up to Wolves to get enough points to secure the title.

The game is live on sky sports and kicks off at 12pm uk time.

Forgot this match started early. Woke up to a 1-0 lead so can’t complain. Goals by Afobe and Jota give us a 2-0 victory. Only need one more point, or Cardiff dropping points, to secure the title. Have to imagine it was a great atmosphere today.

Referee was shocking today in my opinion.

The fact that he got in the way of 2 Wolves passes and 1 Blues pass didn't help.

Just back after an exciting day and what an atmosphere at the golden palace. I hope Steve Morgan and Mr Mendes enjoyed it. I will start with the referee, who was out of the Atwell camp. He just seemed to turn a blind eye to most of the treatment that was being dished out to Neves. It was a hobble when he was subed, and I am sure he will have some sore ankles and legs.

In the end it was a very comfortable victory, but it could have been so different had Ruddy not made a terrific double save in the first ten minutes. The save was almost all he had to do to keep his 22nd clean sheet of the season. It is easy to see why Birmingham are near the bottom, as they chased the ball, with Wolves having over seventy percent possession. Costa was a constant thorn to the Blues and on one break he forced the away defendef into a red card. Two well taken goals by the reliable Jota, and Afobi sparked wild celebrations at the final whistle.

Mendes who was at the game, will I am sure have names pencilled in, as we now build for next August. However, it would be nice to finish off the season in style, particularly as Sunderland is the only team we havn't beaten this season.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Just back after an exciting day and what an atmosphere at the golden palace. I hope Steve Morgan and Mr Mendes enjoyed it. I will start with the referee, who was out of the Atwell camp. He just seemed to turn a blind eye to most of the treatment that was being dished out to Neves. It was a hobble when he was subed, and I am sure he will have some sore ankles and legs.

In the end it was a very comfortable victory, but it could have been so different had Ruddy not made a terrific double save in the first ten minutes. The save was almost all he had to do to keep his 22nd clean sheet of the season. It is easy to see why Birmingham are near the bottom, as they chased the ball, with Wolves having over seventy percent possession. Costa was a constant thorn to the Blues and on one break he forced the away defendef into a red card. Two well taken goals by the reliable Jota, and Afobi sparked wild celebrations at the final whistle.

Mendes who was at the game, will I am sure have names pencilled in, as we now build for next August. However, it would be nice to finish off the season in style, particularly as Sunderland is the only team we havn't beaten this season.

Was Steve Morgan there today ??

Yes he was, he was sitting next to Jef Shi in the directors box with Mendes. My son was watching the TV coverage and the cameras honed in on him.

...wearing his Wolves scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    ...wearing his Wolves scarf.
    Indeed!

A comfortable win, especially with the pressure off following Fulham's draw with Brentford. Knowing we had already gained promotion the day before enabled myself to enjoy the game and atmosphere. We could've stepped it up a notch or two, but Blues were no match for Wolves, despite the two saves Ruddy made in the first half.

I actually think the ref was in the first half was trying to let the game flow, but some of the challenges were a joke, especially ones on both Cavaleiro and Neves. Good players will always come under attack from opponents who's only objective is to stop them, if by fouling them, that's all they know.

Strikers thrive on goals, so once Jota had given Wolves the lead, it was good to see Afobe get on the scoresheet, at least it ended up in the net, unlike his previous effort. All the players deserve praise for this game and the way they have consistently performed this season.

It was also good to see the players and staff given time to show their appreciations to the crowd, bar three fans that got on the pitch, i think it went really well.

Harley Dean can have no complaints regarding his red card. He gave the ref no choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)