+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The run in fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Got a bit of the fear over Brechin tomorrow

With all this no wins stuff can see the potential embarrassment of a defeat.

Normally when team give us bit of hope this season they make us suffer again.

Just hope this wee run we are on at moment might be different
    Up until a minute after kick off 2nd half i still had the fear of a defeat. If they play like that in any of the next 2 games then there is no way we will make second if Livi slip up before we meet them!

I also hope that Moshni, McMullan and Stanton dont have any lasting injuries that will harm us!

Great relief tonight. I was worried at half time.

Play offs very close now. Inverness unlikely to catch us but hope they don’t slip in in 4th with their form (or that we get second and manage to avoid playing them)

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Great relief tonight. I was worried at half time.

Play offs very close now. Inverness unlikely to catch us but hope they don’t slip in in 4th with their form (or that we get second and manage to avoid playing them)
    While we need ICT to take something off Livi next week, I don't want them anywhere near the play offs. If we were to get second and they sneaked in, it would be them we'd be playing in the play off semi make no mistake. Frankly that would be harder than either Dunfermline or Livi right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    While we need ICT to take something off Livi next week, I don't want them anywhere near the play offs. If we were to get second and they sneaked in, it would be them we'd be playing in the play off semi make no mistake. Frankly that would be harder than either Dunfermline or Livi right now.
    A byproduct of ICT helping us out, also gives them a very good chance of making the play-offs. With 12 points to play for, they could even drop us back into 4th place!

With ICT winning last night it still gives them hope for the play offs! with that in mind more requirement for them to beat Livi in there game in hand and hopefully do us a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Arab View Post
    With ICT winning last night it still gives them hope for the play offs! with that in mind more requirement for them to beat Livi in there game in hand and hopefully do us a favour.

Ideally, they beat Dunfermline on Saturday, we win our game then they draw with Livi

We want to chance of 2nd but without ICT actually making the play offs, we only need Livi to drop pts not actually lose (until we play them last day)

Anyway, that's ideally and it's not been going that way for a long time so not getting hopes up about that

I think ideal is that ICT and Dunf draw. That way ICT will be going for win v Livi but Dunf can hopefully still keep them out of playoffs by beating Dumbarton on last day.

We need to win our last two games to try and get second place. If we don’t then likely having to beat ICT then Livi will be tall order

Last day is going to be dramatic and so we need to nail down play off place winning away at QOS for starters

...if ICT dropped the two points then that would also put us in play offs as a minimum

if ICT don't beat Dunfermline then they will be deflated going to Livi knowing their chances are very much all but gone (with Dunfermline at home to Dumbarton last game), them beating Dunfermline doesn't impact us negatively if we take care of QotS, it keeps them 100% in the zone going to Livi where all we need is them to take a point for us to have a chance at 2nd (again if we win at Palmerston)

It's in our hands, we need to just keep winning and do this. C'mon United

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)