+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: World War 3

123 you said global tech companies don't interfere in politics. Have you not heard about the Facebook / Cambridge analytica stuff in the news?

And that's the tip of iceberg, I'd bet.

Social media disseminates more bullsh it quicker than anything in history.

We are already fighting WW3...take a look around you boy it's bound to scare you boy and you tell me you don't believe we're in the age of destruction.....ring any bells?

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    We are already fighting WW3...take a look around you boy it's bound to scare you boy and you tell me you don't believe we're in the age of destruction.....ring any bells?
    Barry McGuire, if my memory serves me correct. One of many protest singers in the mid sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Barry McGuire, if my memory serves me correct. One of many protest singers in the mid sixties.
    Correct. One hit wonder. Written 64 or 65 when Vietnam was becoming a serious issue for the US and the Civil Rights unrest was becoming severe.

I prefer Country Joe's Vietnam Song. It' still relevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    123 you said global tech companies don't interfere in politics. Have you not heard about the Facebook / Cambridge analytica stuff in the news?

And that's the tip of iceberg, I'd bet.

Social media disseminates more bullsh it quicker than anything in history.
    This is a little stereotypical but Social Media moguls, generally speaking, are geeks and don't interfere with politics. But what has happened is their platform has been abused by companies (such as CA) to exploit public perception for political purposes.

What SM does do is give everyone a voice. So masses who originally were swayed by print media are now being influenced more by individuals on SM. Look at how many Twitter followers some individuals such as Katie Hopkins or Gary Lineker have, who both politically post at different ends of the the spectrum. Again though, there will be abuses and there will be fake stories doing the rounds. I think SM will make a difference to public opinion over time, because print media's influence will hopefully wane.

The last General Election was a good start. Rumour was Rupert Murdoch stormed out of the media room at the Exit polls results because the Tories didn't win a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    If you look at all the protest songs about being on the eve of destruction and take that over the life span of the world, all of them will still be relevant today and tomorrow and the days and years after...our personal life spans are like a pee in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post

My personal favourite is “99 red balloons” by Nena.

Great song to listen to and to “tug your Thomas” to whilst watching that little strumpet perform.

It was out when our first son was born Mick, so happy memories.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My personal favourite is “99 red balloons” by Nena.

Great song to listen to and to “tug your Thomas” to whilst watching that little strumpet perform.
    Thought she was quite shagable until that fateful time when she lifted her arms in the air to expose growth that would have put a gorilla to shame ................. more growth than a 70's **** minge shot, ugh.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)