+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundee United- Last home game

I'm not at all surprised by that. I'd be trying to tempt him to stay at Palmerston next season. I could see him going part-time with Dumbarton with Iain Russell being there.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I'm not at all surprised by that. I'd be trying to tempt him to stay at Palmerston next season. I could see him going part-time with Dumbarton with Iain Russell being there.
    I wouldn`t be trying to tempt him to stay on. Fantastic servant for us but time for him to move on and probably drop down a level if he wants to start regularly.

It would've been good to have Lyle stay on for the Centenary season. If Dumbarton get relegated to League One thru the play-offs that would be a better level for Lyle now I expect.

Last home game and it would be nice to get a decent result but for me it`s all about Lyle last home match for us which I hope he starts and scores as it would be great to see him putting the ball in the net one last time at Palmerston for Queens.

I fully expect to see Lyle still playing next season but not for us as at his age he wants to be starting regularly and he will be a good signing for the teams in the leagues below the championship.

Lets hope for a decent turnout on this warm sunny day to see Del off after his illustrious career. True Queens fans will be there today to say goodbye to a Legend. .

Well that was a transformation!

Queens played like Livi, - in the face of Dundee Utd from the kick off, tracking back after every ball and forcing the Utd players into making mistakes.

It wasn't the prettiest game I've ever seen, - but the effort from every Queens player had the drummer drumming, the fans singing, the manager managing and all of us wishing it was the first home game of the season instead of the last.

Whatever has been said to Naysmith has worked, and we had 14 pretty decent players really believing in themselves, playing like great players and wanting to win.

We should never expect players on inflated wages at Palmy, - but we should expect 100% from anyone who pulls on the jersey.

Can we have more of what we saw today next season please?

There might be a late surge in the shirt draw on the back of that performance!

Where was John Rankin today ?

Could easily have been 5 or 6 nil. We are a good team when we are set up correctly to attack! Imagine where we would be if we had started the season with this squad and had a level of consistency.

Good send off for Lyle. Will always be a Queens legend.

What a glorious day that was and I'm not just talking about the weather. Queens were a real team from the off and we could easily have been a couple up before we scored . Now , if we can just try and keep the nucleus of this side and add a little more . Ps Please sign Thomson -----------Loved the passion from the Palmerston crowd today and can we have some more ? Was heartening to see so many young boys in the singing group and we must encourage this more often. The legend Lyle got a wonderful reception from the Palmerston faithful and he will never forget that . Even the classic AC/DC track added to the match experience today. Bravo, bravo

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    What a glorious day that was and I'm not just talking about the weather. Queens were a real team from the off and we could easily have been a couple up before we scored . Now , if we can just try and keep the nucleus of this side and add a little more . Ps Please sign Thomson -----------Loved the passion from the Palmerston crowd today and can we have some more ? Was heartening to see so many young boys in the singing group and we must encourage this more often. The legend Lyle got a wonderful reception from the Palmerston faithful and he will never forget that . Even the classic AC/DC track added to the match experience today. Bravo, bravo
    Sometimes there comes along a game that leaves the punters at Palmy with a smile on their faces and this was one of them - lovely weather, decent crowd (over !,500) and an in your face, aggressive performance by the Doonhamers. Just
    a pity it took months to get a home win. Also nice to see the management team actually shouting on the players which
    I have not seen this season and Jardi for one will be mighty pleased at that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Where was John Rankin today ?

Could easily have been 5 or 6 nil. We are a good team when we are set up correctly to attack! Imagine where we would be if we had started the season with this squad and had a level of consistency.

Good send off for Lyle. Will always be a Queens legend.
    Rankin awakened on Saturday with a sore back. He's also a teetotaller.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)