+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundee United- Last home game

Dundee United- Last home game

Likely Derek Lyles last game for our club and our last home game of the season . Let's turn up - if you can - and give the lads our backing . Some of these players wont be back here again so let's appreciate their efforts. Be great to see vocal backing for the Tan Man. Dundee United have hit form recently and will be right up for this as they build momentum for the play offs.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 15-04-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Likely Derek Lyles last game for our club and our last home game of the season . Let's turn up - if you can - and give the lads our backing . Some of these players wont be back here again so let's appreciate their efforts. Be great to see vocal backing for the Tan Man. Dundee United have hit form recently and will be right up for this as they build momentum for the play offs.

I’ve see on social media they are planning a Del Day for his last two appearances ( one at home & one away )

A minutes applause on the 9th minute , Derek Lyle face masks along with vocal backing throughout the game. It’ll be sad to see such a likeable character go

Hopefully Del will play at Brechin too. Great night at Ibrox last night at Lyle's testimonial dinner. I had Brownlie Burns Clark Higgins Russell and Paton at my table. I was also speaking to Fordyce Mercer Jacobs Dobbie Murray Thomas and Stirling.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Hopefully Del will play at Brechin too. Great night at Ibrox last night at Lyle's testimonial dinner. I had Brownlie Burns Clark Higgins Russell and Paton at my table. I was also speaking to Fordyce Mercer Jacobs Dobbie Murray Thomas and Stirling.
    You some kind of stalker ?

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    You some kind of stalker ?
    Not at all. The players were extremely approachable.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Not at all. The players were extremely approachable.
    With a name like ALBERTZ_11 i suppose it’s no surprise you went to Ibrox and not his Dumfries testimonial

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    With a name like ALBERTZ_11 i suppose it’s no surprise you went to Ibrox and not his Dumfries testimonial
    So what? Both events were open for anyone to attend...

Name:  69814D4E-7EFA-40A0-AE80-0A249EE7B2F9.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  21.6 KB

From Queens Loyal Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Name:  69814D4E-7EFA-40A0-AE80-0A249EE7B2F9.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  21.6 KB

From Queens Loyal Facebook page
    What should happen on Saturday is for us to play 4-4-2 with Dobbie and Lyle up front and Del, Captain for the day, leading the team out on what will be his last appearance at Palmerston for us and then subbed with about 10/15 to go to receive the recognition he so richly deserves.

That's what I - and most fans I am sure - would love to see but I don't expect Naysmith will allow us that pleasure.

After the miserable season, especially our dire home performances, we have had we surely deserve to have something to celebrate even though it means a true legend leaving the Club.

United are hitting form at the wrong time for us but I hope we can stay in the game to maintain a positive atmosphere for Del's last home appearance.

I remember well Jimmy Robertson's last home game for us which went horribly wrong.

He was Captain for the day and we were well and truly thrashed 7-0 by Alloa.

It was hard going but I managed to put the result to one side and stay on until JR had left the pitch.

I hope there is no repeat of that on Saturday but if there is I hope the majority overcome their disappointment and stay on to ackmowledge Del's superb contribution to Queen of the South over the years.

I see in today’s Standard Del wants to continue playing next season after his Queens contract is up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)