Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
I agree with all that and a woman on P&G yesterday thinks the Board need to make a stand with these players that refuse to sign extensions and not play them and OK that can be seen as counterproductive as not playing them could affect them being signed by someone else and we lose the tribunal fee but that is the risk the board has to take to show all the other academy graduates and everyone really that loyalty cuts both ways and the million pound cost of the academy has to be got from somewhere to give others the same chance as they had and have.

The point is if they are good enough then someone will come in and sign them and the club won't stand in their way unless its the transfer fee is ridiculously low...

Reading between the lines which I'm not that good at, suggests that some would sign if they have the right to accept or reject any offers coming in and DA said that was holding the club to ransom...That may have been just my interpretation though. Ainley and Kirk would be better off staying in order to get stronger and to play more league games and not doing that with someone else as some have found out is not going to help their career.

Jones should be grateful he was still getting paid for a year off, try doing that in any other job. I suspect he wil be signing an extension in July when nobody comes in to take the risk of a prone injury player and paying north of 300 grand too..Of course they still may do so..

Did anyone catch Trevor Griffiths comment after the match saying that he too hates winter football and how great it is sitting in the warmth and sunshine and that it will have to change at sometime and so that is two for that proposal..
Totally agree with that assessment Jones injury problems may impact on who his next club will be, but I would like him to sign for Crewe and if his early promise is realised then he will get his move, could be as soon as January, but I think he needs some game time under his belt after missing almost the entire season. I think Kirk will sign another contract but as much as I would like Jones and Ainleyto stay, I think the likelihood will see them move on. Unlike previous seasons they cant hold out to the last minute because this season the transfer window ends when the season kicks off so they will have to make there decisions fairly quickly.