+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did we manage that?

How did we manage that?

I must have just sat through the worst winning performance i have ever seen at Tannadice! How the hell we got away with a 2 nil win and make 3rd place i will never ever figure out.

I really hope the players were putting in just enough effort to grab a result, because if we play like that over the next 2 games, we have no chance! No player gets pass marks for the whole game, but for brief moments Slater, Fraser, Robson and King just make it!

I dont know if i can be thankful that Durnan, McMullan and Flood might be back with Scobbie, Lyng and Quinn as a very last resort!

Just took our chances that's all, even though it was a poor performance. I've seen United not take chances in the past few seasons and outplay teams and lose. Hence we are where we are. Livi could easily have won that game. Their physicality is a concern, but we are capable of beating them again. There is no way that Livi would beat any premier team, bunch of donkeys, which is why I can't understand; probably like most of us why they finished above us, apart from our laziness. Noticed also that Hardie was limping badly at end, hopefully keeps him out. Scobbie will be even happier!

That goal Hardie scored has cost us. Without that we would have been in second.

Over the season though we should have been bettter too

A wins a wins a win.

Extra dosh in our cash strapped coffers through finishing 3rd and a psychological boost by beating 2nd place.

Strange one today, for long periods we were passive and poor yet we comfortably won 2-0.
    I think it says a bit about Livi who play basic, long ball bullying football and that's about it. But they were holding back a bit, keeping themselves fresh for the playoffs.
    The first 20 minutes we were awful and if we start like that on Tuesday we will be a few goals down and it could be over for us before it even gets started.

Poor overall today I thought. However a wins a win and that was an excellent move for the first goal. Well struck by Slater. A clean sheet also.

Thought Fraser was our best today.

Livi looked very poor indeed.Disappointing, to say the least, they finished above us. Need to seriously up our game in these play offs.

Fraser was our best and think this is a very negative and ott reaction to the game, thought we deserved to win in the end, that's us pumped them 3-0 and 2-0 up here, if scobbie defends halfway competently in last minute through there we finish 2nd

Four wins and four cleansheets in a row at home (Dumbarton, St Mirren, Falkirk, Livi), need to keep that going and drastically improve performance away on Tuesday night

Oh and well played Billy King, two good crosses for our goals

very strange today.

didnt think we were really "at it" atall until we scored really then had something to defend. first half we were poor and if livi capitalized on our slow start then would have won comfortably themselves having said that they didnt look great either. they had one tactic which was to launch any ball forward or into the box. apart from a few occasions we seemed to deal with it quite well.

even if they were taking it lightly to save themselves from for the playoffs, they didnt impress me and id imagine they would be disappointed that they allowed us to maybe get a wee psychological edge over them if we meet later in the play offs.

we do need to improve our performances if we are to go up.

scobbie defends halfway competently in last minute through there we finish 2nd .

Are you suggesting that over the whole season that was the defining action that determined we didn’t make second.
    Nothing else in all the other games contributed.
    Maybe missing a penalty against St Mirren.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)