+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dear Mr Chien Lee and Mr Billy Beane - Season Ticket Renewal Query

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    No, I understood the previous strategy although I had my concerns, I understood that Patrick couldn’t bank roll the club as although he was well off he did have money to burn, he wanted stability and to sell on for reasons we all know now. I won’t criticise Patrick or his strategy, it was his club and without his involvement we know where we would be however football has changed , the stakes have changed , the cost of competing and supporting are changing. This consortium are not in it to prop up a failing side, they are in it for a return on their investment so what is the strategy ? The current strategy isn’t working, we had our golden period, now we are business as usual, so how are they planning on making the difference ?

That is what I would like to know because if they can win me over with the right messages then I and others would be more willing to buy into the vision and the club, “It’s more than just a game” isn’t even imaginative.We need to up our game on AND off the pitch.
    They said they want to carry on along the same lines and not change much but try and improve things steady .

I doubt they came up with more than just a game , that sounds more like some guff that Andy White has come up with

I don’t know why they bought us, but I do believe there is no way they would buy it to try to make a couple of million on player sales like mentioned.
    I have said before as someone above has, the only thing I see is if it is the lure of the Premier League?
    If that is the case we should see an increase in activity in the summer in terms of quality.

I can see them doing a deal with the council moving us into a smaller 12000 seat stadium near M1 at Dodworth and selling land at Oakwell for a redevelopment.

Either that or selling us off when the realise how much of their own brass they'll have to spend to achieve Premier League football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I can see them doing a deal with the council moving us into a smaller 12000 seat stadium near M1 at Dodworth and selling land at Oakwell for a redevelopment.

Either that or selling us off when the realise how much of their own brass they'll have to spend to achieve Premier League football.
    A disagree Ponte. Aar think it'll be Dearne Valley Industrial Estate. Sites cheearpa to rent theear.

One thing is for sure. They must have sold their sen's to council for it to go through and council to still want a finger in pie.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A disagree Ponte. Aar think it'll be Dearne Valley Industrial Estate. Sites cheearpa to rent theear.
    Dodeth it is cause not far for SB to get his fish & chips
    Shaws chipshop's up there i'nt it

It iz Ziles. Dave Shaw's chipoyle wud be rocking Setdi dinnertime. Am only being selfish wanting it sumweer else. Queues ad be darn to toppa Doduth Bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I can see them doing a deal with the council moving us into a smaller 12000 seat stadium near M1 at Dodworth and selling land at Oakwell for a redevelopment. Either that or selling us off when the realise how much of their own brass they'll have to spend to achieve Premier League football.
    Couldnt we groundshare with Ponty race course, that would be nice and cheap.
    As for even thinking about us and the Prem, well thats a million miles away at the moment isn't it.

Flattun rest ov derelict Normy ,,, build grarnd theer , Acido mite get t a game then ,,,,, ,

We could of course come and play at the Normy (Knights) RL ground, which is just up the road from here.
    In fact when we get rid of the old tin pot West stand, can we donate it to Normy Rlfc.
    (btw, Normy were live on the Beeb recently in the challenge cup match against Rochdale, although it was played at Feath's Post office road ground!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123