+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since League 1 who ....

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Don't really see how you can put Monk there with the woeful job McDermott did and it was McDermott who presided over the worst performance I have ever seen a Leeds United team put in and that includes Newport/Histon
    God I’d somehow managed to forget about Histon and Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    God I’d somehow managed to forget about Histon and Newport.
    Amazing over time how many Leeds employees we do forget - i

Just point out about the many folks behind the scenes too .......... and how things panned out for 'em .........

Paul Hart subsequently who took charge of Leeds United's fledgling academy proteges won the FA Youth Cup in 1993 and 1997 which formed the backbone of the Leeds side that reached the Champions Leaguesemi-finals in 2000–01. With International players such as Harry Kewell, Jonathan Woodgate, Ian Harte, Alan Smith, Gary Kelly, Paul Robinson, Matt Jones and Stephen McPhail.

Redfearn ..... Mowatt,Byram,Taylor,Cook and ?................. three players of which came from the independent CFD (City Football Development) York a coaching academy attached to York City and funded by York council whose head coach was poached by Ken Bates and then sacked after a few months into a three year contract,Gordon Staniforth.He then went back to York and produced Byram,Cook & Taylor through the CFD York set up and supplied them to Leeds and made the York academy a few quid too.

The CFD set up was bought by i2i Sports who provided another York academy trained pair for Leeds,the Vieira brothers.

Having players bought in via private academy conveyor belt was one reason why the Leeds in house Youth development system got run down sadly to which now has been reimplemented thankfully.

ALAW - MOT

Like Redfearn but he was a bit naive at the end of his tenure. The real credit for the TA set up should lie with HW and Paul Hart.

PS does anyone know how Vieira junior is progressing?

Grayson - got us out of League 1
    Poyet- the brains behind the brilliant run to keep us out of Lg 2
    TC- gave us a couple of months of "heady days". felt really, really good. ended badly but fun while it lasted.

Hock - no good feeling... ever
    darko - no good feeling... ever
    Warnock -

Judge them all on their successes since leaving Leeds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)