+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since League 1 who ....

Since League 1 who ....

Are your top three and bottom three managers?

For me top 3

Evans
    Grayson
    TC

Bottom 3

Hockaday
    Warnock
    Wise (once Gus Poyet had left)

monk was the only manager who came close to getting us out of this league , but was not backed at the end of last season, the rest i am afraid have all been of the same ilk .

short term and cheap stopgaps , who are replaced on a regular basis with exactly the same type of manager. heckingbottom been a prime example.

picking the best out of a bunch of failiures, spanning eleven years , his laughable and ludicrous . the manager will only be ever as good as the owner and players he as to work with, and while ever we have cheapskate owners running the club , we will never attract a decent or successful manager.
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 15-04-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Only ones who have any credit are Grayson and Redfearn rest of them failed as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Only ones who have any credit are Grayson and Redfearn rest of them failed as far as I'm concerned.

I'd go along with that....

Most of them never had the backing they required when needed, even our old friend Mr Warnock......if monk and Grayson had been given this when they asked we could have made it over the line.

Even if he had been allowed to keep players we had; Johnson, Howson, Gradel, Clayton ....

Only monk closest give me a bloody break, if Grayson had been given the money monk had Grayson would have gotten playoffs but in bates judgement it was a sackable offence, the squad Grayson had cost a lot less than monks squad and Grayson ended up closer to 6th than monk did

Grayson for his first team exploits and redders for his work with the youth players and helping getting them into the first team

I did like TC and the fact he tried to get us to play good football, it just didn't work out for him

Worst for me were darko hocka and monk

And generally I don't like wise and warnock

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Worst for me were darko hocka and monk
    Don't really see how you can put Monk there with the woeful job McDermott did and it was McDermott who presided over the worst performance I have ever seen a Leeds United team put in and that includes Newport/Histon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)