+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Forte is now our most potent goal scorer

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It looks like you're wrong Kevin and that durhampie and The-Mac pie know far more about tactics than you do.
    Sack Nolan please Mr Hardy and replace him with these two experts.
    You have your opinion and i have mine. Wereas, you dont rate Forte, I do. You rate Stead, I dont. He was good but he is now past his sell by date..You appear to happy with hoofball i dont. You like Nolan but i think he is a one trick pony, and thats why we have been beaten by so many poor teams this season.. But thats just my opinion

Beaten by so many poor teams that we're 4th in the table.

Nolan Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Funny thing is - for all the calls begging for Forte as the one player we have with a bit of pace - his goals have all been close range scrambles.

Jonathan "Lineker" Forte to take us up, anybody?
    My argument would be that you need pace to get into those positions, quickly......look at his 2nd v Covo.....he realised that the ball was coming in low and hard, so he sprinted to the near post between keeper and defender to get the back-heel deflection...same v Colchester, both he and Virtue sprinted to the near post and both slammed it against the keeper before Shola netted it.

IMO what Forte has given us, is pace and natural goal-scoring potential.....whether he can keep it up for 3 or 6 more games is open to debate.

Beaten by a young manager's naivety, inexperience and in some cases stubbornness, together with the collective inability of a group of professional footballers to execute and understand fundamental footballing tactics.

He will learn, better players will come and we will be European Champions, not once, not twice but at least three times!

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    So now we've decided that the reason Stead and Ameobi have been scoring goals and the team in general has done well enough without Forte to put us in the playoffs is because they had much better service than Forte when he plays..?

The long ball tactics don't suit Stead either but he keeps himself fit and runs his b*llocks off every game he plays for 90 minutes or until he gets subbed, can anyone say the same for Forte in his appearances before Accrington?

Nolan didn't play him because he wasn't capable of doing the job he (Nolan) required and/or staying fit, now it seems that he is doing both of those and is reaping the rewards with some goals, maybe, just maybe, Kevin Nolan was right all along and Forte has changed his ways for the better, hence is keeping his place in the team?

The theory that Forte has been a world beater all season but Nolan simply refused to play him is complete nonsense, he is playing better now and staying fit, that's why he is currently in the team and wasn't before, it's not rocket science.
    Your statement ..."Nolan didn't play him because he wasn't capable of doing the job he (Nolan) required and/or staying fit, now it seems that he is doing both of those and is reaping the rewards with some goals, maybe, just maybe, Kevin Nolan was right all along and Forte has changed his ways for the better, hence is keeping his place in the team?" is interesting in that Nolo actually admitted that he was NOT going to play Forte v Covo, he was going to play Aless with Shola up front.

This tells us a few things....Forte WAS fit....Nolo did not think he could do the job, he preferred Aless as CF.....he was wrong and admitted it on camera...his words were "I was pleased that Forte proved me wrong"

Forte then came on camera and stated that he had been disappointed in not getting many games, 11 only up until then? but was pleased to be back in the side and wants to play every game......half the time he has not even been on the bench and we have been scouring Europe for a striker out of contract

Something was clearly wrong between the two of them BUT it is now fixed, Forte is scoring goals, Notts are winning games, Nolo is still on a learning curve, WE ARE 3 GAMES AWAY FROM AUTOS OR PLAY-OFFS, LOVING IT....COYP

Beaten by so many poor teams that we're 4th in the table.

Nolan Out!
    yes, but if we had not lost to the likes of Barnet and Chesterfield and had some strikers on the bench against Wycombe we could well have been home and dry..

So now we've decided that the reason Stead and Ameobi have been scoring goals and the team in general has done well enough without Forte to put us in the playoffs is because they had much better service than Forte when he plays..?

The long ball tactics don't suit Stead either but he keeps himself fit and runs his b*llocks off every game he plays for 90 minutes or until he gets subbed, can anyone say the same for Forte in his appearances before Accrington?

Nolan didn't play him because he wasn't capable of doing the job he (Nolan) required and/or staying fit, now it seems that he is doing both of those and is reaping the rewards with some goals, maybe, just maybe, Kevin Nolan was right all along and Forte has changed his ways for the better, hence is keeping his place in the team?

The theory that Forte has been a world beater all season but Nolan simply refused to play him is complete nonsense, he is playing better now and staying fit, that's why he is currently in the team and wasn't before, it's not rocket science.
    Whatever you say Kev.

The guy is simply class End of!

Quote Originally Posted by MEADOWMAN View Post
    The guy is simply class End of!
    I know you put "End of" at the end of your post as if you are the judge and the verdict has been decided, but I can't quite agree. I'd describe Lee Hughes as "simply class". Jonathan Forte is class on occasions, anonymous on occasions, and somewhere in between in other games. That's why most of his career has been spent in the lower leagues. I just hope he's saved a few class games for the rest of the season so tarquin can drag this post up and ridicule me after he's scored the winner at Wembley!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345