+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forte is now our most potent goal scorer

Forte is now our most potent goal scorer

......with a goal every 173 minutes...extrapolate that over a season and we have a 20 goal~a~season striker!

Grant is every 212 minutes, Stead 275 minutes, Shola 362, Aless 380, Husin 441

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/te...ty/top-scorers

Ive always liked Forte as a player going right back to his two loan spells with us. I’ll never forget when we played Charlton at the Valley in March 2012, and they were top of the table in League One and we went there and beat them 4-2 with Forte getting a Hatrick in the first half and we lead 4-0 at half time. That first half for me is up there with the best most ruthless and complete away first half performance in over 20 years.

Perhaps since Forte signed for us over the past two years he’s not had a long run in the side and it’s not really happened for whatever reasons. There is no doubt he can score goals in the lower leagues.

I’ve repeatedly said on here that we needed players to step up in the run in, and Forte in the past few games has been one of those.

Whether Forte remains here after this season is a different question. Part of me thinks that he may leave in the summer and possibly link back up with John Sheridan at Fleetwood. But that’s just my own thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ......with a goal every 173 minutes...extrapolate that over a season and we have a 20 goal~a~season striker!

I'm a bit of a stats fan, and that's a hard one to ignore. Forte is something of an enigma, the talent is there for him to be a good striker at this level, but I've always doubted his application. Over his career a lot of his goals have come in rapid short bursts, and then he always seems to have a run of anonymous games. I just hope his current goal rush lasts long enough to see us promoted. If it does, I am prepared to kiss your arse in apology tarquin, but only in the virtual sense of you posting a pic and me kissing the screen. Even then I would insist on a low resolution and distant photo with minimal detail on show.

Nolan will probably drop him for next Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm a bit of a stats fan, and that's a hard one to ignore. Forte is something of an enigma, the talent is there for him to be a good striker at this level, but I've always doubted his application. Over his career a lot of his goals have come in rapid short bursts, and then he always seems to have a run of anonymous games. I just hope his current goal rush lasts long enough to see us promoted. If it does, I am prepared to kiss your arse in apology tarquin, but only in the virtual sense of you posting a pic and me kissing the screen. Even then I would insist on a low resolution and distant photo with minimal detail on show.
    Hahahaha.....not a problem, we will call it quits over me baiting you on the two racing threads.....I honestly thought I had you this time though....next time?

ps took your advice on the "free bets".....bagged 4 free BET365 bets on the National, back them to win and they refunded the e
    ~w bit......unfortunately all were losers, closest was 8th?.....horse~racing is not my thing, as many have noticed...I will stick to my nightly baseball fix from now on.

Hahahaha.....not a problem, we will call it quits over me baiting you on the two racing threads.....I honestly thought I had you this time though....next time?

ps took your advice on the "free bets".....bagged 4 free BET365 bets on the National, back them to win and they refunded the e
    ~w bit......unfortunately all were losers, closest was 8th?.....horse~racing is not my thing, as many have noticed...I will stick to my nightly baseball fix from now on.
    If it's any consolation, my last four £10 free bets expired today but I found four horses I would have backed with real money anyway to use them on. All four managed to finish second, so I didn't collect a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Ive always liked Forte as a player going right back to his two loan spells with us. I’ll never forget when we played Charlton at the Valley in March 2012, and they were top of the table in League One and we went there and beat them 4-2 with Forte getting a Hatrick in the first half and we lead 4-0 at half time. That first half for me is up there with the best most ruthless and complete away first half performance in over 20 years.

Perhaps since Forte signed for us over the past two years he’s not had a long run in the side and it’s not really happened for whatever reasons. There is no doubt he can score goals in the lower leagues.

I’ve repeatedly said on here that we needed players to step up in the run in, and Forte in the past few games has been one of those.

Whether Forte remains here after this season is a different question. Part of me thinks that he may leave in the summer and possibly link back up with John Sheridan at Fleetwood. But that’s just my own thoughts.

If I recall, wasn't this a "perfect" Hatrick too?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Well, when you are played out on the wing and the ball is contantly sailing over your head what chance do you have of making an impact. Nolan has played him out of position to accomodat the other 2 geriatric strikers, who between them couldnt score with a prostitute. It was a good job that Stead got injured otherwise we would not still be within a chance of automatic promotion.

If Forte had played more games we would have secured aitomatic promotion weeks ago.. Unfortunately we have a another manager who has his favourites...

Love to see what the stat for Smith is?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Love to see what the stat for Smith is?
    No you wouldn't.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast