+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forte is now our most potent goal scorer

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If it's any consolation, my last four £10 free bets expired today but I found four horses I would have backed with real money anyway to use them on. All four managed to finish second, so I didn't collect a penny!
    You could have turned that into a guaranteed £32 plus using matched betting....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well, when you are played out on the wing and the ball is contantly sailing over your head what chance do you have of making an impact. Nolan has played him out of position to accomodat the other 2 geriatric strikers, who between them couldnt score with a prostitute.

If Forte had played more games we would have secured aitomatic promotion weeks ago.. Unfortunately we have a another manager who has his favourites...
    So much is wrong with this that I'm not sure where to start with it.

1. I can't remember the last time Nolan played Forte on the wing but I'm fairly sure it was at the end of last season

2. The two geriatric strikers that can't score - That would be Jon Stead, who needs one more goal to reach 14 for the 3rd season in a row and by the way, has more appearances and goals for us than any other team in his career and Shola, who unless you're blind not only visibly improves our team when he plays but is also actually in better goal scoring form than he was when he was at Newcastle in his prime, not bad for someone that isn't in the team for his goals.

3. If Forte had played more games... All hypothetical because the guy is made out of glass, his career history shows this. This is probably the first time all season he's actually been fit for 3 games in a row.

Forte had a few starts earlier in the season and looked half-hearted and ineffective. But let me guess durham - it wasn't him, he just wasn't getting the service! I genuinely hope he carries on with his form of the last two games, he deserves to start against Yeovil.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post

1. I can't remember the last time Nolan played Forte on the wing but I'm fairly sure it was at the end of last season

2. The two geriatric strikers that can't score - That would be Jon Stead, who needs one more goal to reach 14 for the 3rd season in a row and by the way, has more appearances and goals for us than any other team in his career and Shola, who unless you're blind not only visibly improves our team when he plays but is also actually in better goal scoring form than he was when he was at Newcastle in his prime, not bad for someone that isn't in the team for his goals.

3. If Forte had played more games... All hypothetical because the guy is made out of glass, his career history shows this. This is probably the first time all season he's actually been fit for 3 games in a row.
    Forte started on the wing away to Exeter this season as one example.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Forte started on the wing away to Exeter this season as one example.
    No he didn't, he started on the bench.

Although I wish you were correct as if he'd played on the wing in a 3-0 away win against one of the divisions top teams it wouldn't have exactly made Nolan out to be tactically inept would it?

i don't think he's (Forte) over his hip injury either he seems to hold it when he scores or goes on a run.

Lets hope he keeps the run going until the end of the season hes a better header of the ball than I remember .

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post

i don't think he's (Forte) over his hip injury either he seems to hold it when he scores or goes on a run.

Lets hope he keeps the run going until the end of the season hes a better header of the ball than I remember .
    He trains by drinking Red Bull...."gives you wings".....Goaaaaaaaaaaaal v Covo
    Name:  Large.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  99.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post

Stead has scored only 9 goals in the league compared to Fortes 7 and most of those were penalties. Not a very good return considering how many game he has played. It would be intersting to see how many on this board would like him in our starting line up next season....

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    He trains by drinking Red Bull...."gives you wings".....Goaaaaaaaaaaaal v Covo
    Name:  Large.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  99.0 KB
    If that was Stead he would have ended up on his Ar*e looking for a free kick..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Stead has scored only 9 goals in the league compared to Fortes 7 and most of those were penalties. Not a very good return considering how many game he has played. It would be intersting to see how many on this board would like him in our starting line up next season....
    I don't think he's there to actually score goals, like Ameobi he's there to receive the ball - although how they bring it down from twenty feet I don't know, it amazes me - and then lay it off for that really quick striker we have, trotting in from the half-way line, you know, err...

Anyway, I must stop this hilarity. Seriously though folks, unless we sign three more strikers, one similar to Stead only younger and faster, one that can last more than a game and a half, a third for a rainy day and all three under 30 years of age, we will probably start with Stead and... Forte!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast