+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Forte is now our most potent goal scorer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Funny thing is - for all the calls begging for Forte as the one player we have with a bit of pace - his goals have all been close range scrambles.

Jonathan "Lineker" Forte to take us up, anybody?
    Apart from the overhead kick Vs Cambridge and the header Vs Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Apart from the overhead kick Vs Cambridge and the header Vs Coventry.
    I didn't want to bring up the point that most of his goals had been border line tap ins out of fear someone would mention the overhead kick but to be fair, it was still pretty close and he injured himself doing it to further prove that he's made out of glass

Hopefully he can keep scoring tap ins and we can afford the cotton wool to keep him wrapped up until he goes into some sort of cryogenic freezer when the season is finished to heal up his war wounds.

Nolan has done a really good job for the most part this season, but not playing Forte, not putting him on the bench and then playing him either alone or with Allessandro has done neither of them any favours.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I didn't want to bring up the point that most of his goals had been border line tap ins out of fear someone would mention the overhead kick but to be fair, it was still pretty close and he injured himself doing it to further prove that he's made out of glass

Hopefully he can keep scoring tap ins and we can afford the cotton wool to keep him wrapped up until he goes into some sort of cryogenic freezer when the season is finished to heal up his war wounds.
    Credit where it's due, obviously that's not the way it's done on here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Correct. Just to suit his argument, durhampie hasn't said a single word about the many anonymous appearances Forte has made this season. Then again, he'd only fall back on his tedious 'hoofball doesn't suit him' excuse anyway. It seems harsh to say anything bad about Forte at this stage because his form in the last two games has been a major contribution in keeping auto promotion hopes alive and making a playoff position highly likely. But there is a bigger picture, and his season overall has been average. I honestly hope he proves me wrong and fires us to League 1. What really bugs me is durhampie's constant criticism of Kevin Nolan. This is the bloke who in the space of a season has taken us from touching distance of non-league to touching distance of League 1 FFS! What does durhampie say about him? Constant digs that he has cost us guaranteed automatic promotion due to his poor style of play, biased team selection, and hopeless tactics. What do I say about durhampie's opinion of Kevin Nolan? Unfortunately that would take far more expletives than the rules allow!
    In the games that he has been involved most of the balls to him were either, over his head or went to one of the opposition players. You are only as good as the service you are given. And on many occasions that has been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    In the games that he has been involved most of the balls to him were either, over his head or went to one of the opposition players. You are only as good as the service you are given. And on many occasions that has been awful.
    As I predicted - "Then again, he'd only fall back on his tedious 'hoofball doesn't suit him' excuse anyway". So Stead and Ameobi have never suffered from poor service, it only happens to Forte?

It looks like your wrong Durham and elites right yet again.
    Shut the forum down please moderator
    Forte has had shocking service “this”season
    Ameobi/forte combination has been tried how many times.??
    I’m not saying forte hasnt had chances in the starting eleven but not playing to a players strengths is defeating the object.
    It isn’t a secret that Nolan likes the long ball tactic
    And if he mixes play up with some football at times we are a very hard side to beat.
    Unfortunatly we become to predictable at times and teams easily work us out
    I’m too hoping forte continues this form and helps fire us to promotion
    Sorry for being obvious elite or is that ok with you?.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    It looks like your wrong Durham and elites right yet again.
    Shut the forum down please moderator.
    It looks like you're wrong Kevin and that durhampie and The-Mac pie know far more about tactics than you do.
    Sack Nolan please Mr Hardy and replace him with these two experts.

So now we've decided that the reason Stead and Ameobi have been scoring goals and the team in general has done well enough without Forte to put us in the playoffs is because they had much better service than Forte when he plays..?

The long ball tactics don't suit Stead either but he keeps himself fit and runs his b*llocks off every game he plays for 90 minutes or until he gets subbed, can anyone say the same for Forte in his appearances before Accrington?

Nolan didn't play him because he wasn't capable of doing the job he (Nolan) required and/or staying fit, now it seems that he is doing both of those and is reaping the rewards with some goals, maybe, just maybe, Kevin Nolan was right all along and Forte has changed his ways for the better, hence is keeping his place in the team?

The theory that Forte has been a world beater all season but Nolan simply refused to play him is complete nonsense, he is playing better now and staying fit, that's why he is currently in the team and wasn't before, it's not rocket science.

Wrong. It’s because KN is arrogant (according to Durham).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast