Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Playoffs

  1. #1

    Playoffs

    Long time since I posted but a regular reader and long suffering spectator at home and away......
    Been looking ahead to potential scenarios for the end of another dreadful (but not completely written off) season.
    If we can somehow get to the play off final (big if I know) and we play Ross County (highly likely they will be in it imho) will big Phil be allowed to play? I believe we have him on loan from County at the moment, and last couple of games here’s really played well. Big miss if he’s ruled out.

  2. #2
    I'd assume he will not be eligible.

  3. #3
    Eh think it will be the accies in play off spot

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    10,185
    Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I'd assume he will not be eligible.
    Maybe we should let him play for them instead?












    ..............only kidding

  5. #5
    Won’t matter who we play,
    We’re going back to the big league.
    Would not have said this a few weeks ago.
    But seen massive change in last 2 games.👏👏👏👏👏

  6. #6
    It could be any one of the bottom 4. All of them would be tough if we got there

  7. #7
    The ideal run of form (providing we finish second), is as follows
    W Brechin
    W QOS
    W Livi
    D probably livi
    W probably livi
    W any prem team in bottom 4
    D any prem team in bottom 4

    DO THAT AND WE ARE PROMOTED.

    Can we? Hmmm

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeman View Post
    The ideal run of form (providing we finish second), is as follows
    W Brechin
    W QOS
    W Livi
    D probably livi
    W probably livi
    W any prem team in bottom 4
    D any prem team in bottom 4

    DO THAT AND WE ARE PROMOTED.

    Can we? Hmmm
    I hope you are correct, but we need ICT to take points away at Livi next Tuesday to give us any hope of a grandstand finish! Just now, i dont see us getting past Dunfy!

  9. #9
    Livingston, Ross county, Dunfermline etc. Some big names in there, no wonder y’all are bricking it

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Livingston, Ross county, Dunfermline etc. Some big names in there, no wonder y’all are bricking it
    All of whom have won more major trophies than The Rangers - no wonder we're bricking it.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    All of whom have won more major trophies than The Rangers - no wonder we're bricking it.
    Not according to those who make the rules. Show some evidence that we have not won 54 leagues

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Not according to those who make the rules. Show some evidence that we have not won 54 leagues

    I have to offer you some support Edward Ursidae, simply because I believe in eventual resurrection from the dead. I await your explanation as to how the deceased, defunct, Rangers of old, were in fact resurrected, i.e. that they are the same being as they were before their life expired. The creation of a new being, no matter how much it resembles the old, is nevertheless a 'new' or different being.

    Either the old Rangers is resurrected and you indeed can claim the 54 titles or so from the former life, but if such a resurrection is not truly shown, then you are merely a new being and cannot lay claim to what another being has achieved. No matter how often a falsehood is claimed to be true, or by how many, it remains a falsehood nonetheless.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 17-04-2018 at 04:34 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Not according to those who make the rules. Show some evidence that we have not won 54 leagues
    Fair enough, then by that logic you're also due many millions in back dated taxes. That is if you claim to be one and the same of course.

  14. #14
    They can't be, a new club applied for entry into the 4th tier.... That club is now a tribute act to Rangers FC

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Fair enough, then by that logic you're also due many millions in back dated taxes. That is if you claim to be one and the same of course.
    The tumbleweed is blowing Teddy Bear.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    back on topic. 4-0 up and a win is a win no matter against who especially at the business end of the season - with mcd, briels and fraser getting game time (and goals). Been a while since 3 wins on bounce. Not a bad time to start wanting to win either. Just saying like

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    10,185
    Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    back on topic. 4-0 up and a win is a win no matter against who especially at the business end of the season - with mcd, briels and fraser getting game time (and goals). Been a while since 3 wins on bounce. Not a bad time to start wanting to win either. Just saying like
    5 now. Cuts Livis gd advantage back to 8, looked out of sight before tonight, maybe still is.

    It's the hope that kills

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    If we can win Sat (i am sure they will too) lets see if they manage to beat ICT. Still possible but yup still a long shot 2nd. Play with this confidence we can beat livi in a play off. But rather play 2 less games. The defence is giving me some hope and briels and fraser now going to play a part

  19. #19
    The play offs start May 1st and end May 20th

    To have a realistic chance we really could do with the week break and two less games by getting 2nd, which would mean we would have over a week to prepare for May 8th

    3rd/4th is like a gauntlet and hugely favoured to the Prem side even if you make it

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    10,185
    Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    If we can win Sat (i am sure they will too) lets see if they manage to beat ICT. Still possible but yup still a long shot 2nd. Play with this confidence we can beat livi in a play off. But rather play 2 less games. The defence is giving me some hope and briels and fraser now going to play a part
    I think they hit the post before we opened the scoring, be interesting to get some info from the people who were there as to why we went in at HT 0-0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •