+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    All of whom have won more major trophies than The Rangers - no wonder we're bricking it.
    Not according to those who make the rules. Show some evidence that we have not won 54 leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Not according to those who make the rules. Show some evidence that we have not won 54 leagues

I have to offer you some support Edward Ursidae, simply because I believe in eventual resurrection from the dead. I await your explanation as to how the deceased, defunct, Rangers of old, were in fact resurrected, i.e. that they are the same being as they were before their life expired. The creation of a new being, no matter how much it resembles the old, is nevertheless a 'new' or different being.

Either the old Rangers is resurrected and you indeed can claim the 54 titles or so from the former life, but if such a resurrection is not truly shown, then you are merely a new being and cannot lay claim to what another being has achieved. No matter how often a falsehood is claimed to be true, or by how many, it remains a falsehood nonetheless.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 17-04-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Fair enough, then by that logic you're also due many millions in back dated taxes. That is if you claim to be one and the same of course.

They can't be, a new club applied for entry into the 4th tier.... That club is now a tribute act to Rangers FC

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Fair enough, then by that logic you're also due many millions in back dated taxes. That is if you claim to be one and the same of course.
    The tumbleweed is blowing Teddy Bear.

back on topic. 4-0 up and a win is a win no matter against who especially at the business end of the season - with mcd, briels and fraser getting game time (and goals). Been a while since 3 wins on bounce. Not a bad time to start wanting to win either. Just saying like

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    back on topic. 4-0 up and a win is a win no matter against who especially at the business end of the season - with mcd, briels and fraser getting game time (and goals). Been a while since 3 wins on bounce. Not a bad time to start wanting to win either. Just saying like
    5 now. Cuts Livis gd advantage back to 8, looked out of sight before tonight, maybe still is.

It's the hope that kills

If we can win Sat (i am sure they will too) lets see if they manage to beat ICT. Still possible but yup still a long shot 2nd. Play with this confidence we can beat livi in a play off. But rather play 2 less games. The defence is giving me some hope and briels and fraser now going to play a part

The play offs start May 1st and end May 20th

To have a realistic chance we really could do with the week break and two less games by getting 2nd, which would mean we would have over a week to prepare for May 8th

3rd/4th is like a gauntlet and hugely favoured to the Prem side even if you make it

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    If we can win Sat (i am sure they will too) lets see if they manage to beat ICT. Still possible but yup still a long shot 2nd. Play with this confidence we can beat livi in a play off. But rather play 2 less games. The defence is giving me some hope and briels and fraser now going to play a part
    I think they hit the post before we opened the scoring, be interesting to get some info from the people who were there as to why we went in at HT 0-0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)