+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Referee's still very poor

Referee's still very poor

I know that they have a hard job and make mistakes and Sub and others would like for VAR to disappear (which apparently it has) so that the onus is only on the Ref, but we need better.

I watched the Southampton v Chelsea game and Alonso went for Long in an ugly challenge when he did not even have the ball, Mike Dean was about 10 feet from the incident with a perfect view yet gave nothing, later on Sky the idiot Dermot Gallagher said Mike Dean was too close, Dennis Wise gave him some gip for that comment, it was ridiculous.

I am watching a tape of MOTD, in only the first game Sterling passed the ball to a team mate and the Keeper took him out, surely he'd distributed the ball yet a penalty was given, it was not even in the area, P!ss Poor.

Why not have two refs,one in each half of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoore View Post
    Why not have two refs,one in each half of the field.
    not a bad idea - Turfmoore.....you could get away with anything on the half way line.

I counted at least a dozen decisions Atkinson got wrong yesterday.

Two shoves in the back on Barnes were particularly bad.

Fortunately none of them cost us a goal!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I counted at least a dozen decisions Atkinson got wrong yesterday.

Two shoves in the back on Barnes were particularly bad.

Fortunately none of them cost us a goal!
    In your opinion BT.
    In the referee's opinion there was nothing to see and he was a lot nearer the action and knows what is going on between players and we need to get back to accepting this fact. Yes, they do make mistakes and so do all the players, this is the problem with being human beings.
    No doubt the day will come when we will have robots refereeing ---at least we won't see scenes like we had in Madrid on Wednesday when a referee makes a correct decision and heaven knows how that would have escalated if there had been a wait for VAR to confirm the correct decision.

So, with no one commenting on my opening post regarding Mike Dean/Gallagher/Alonso and Long, I'll take it that Mike Dean (Backed up by Gallagher) are not fit for purpose then.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    So, with no one commenting on my opening post regarding Mike Dean/Gallagher/Alonso and Long, I'll take it that Mike Dean (Backed up by Gallagher) are not fit for purpose then.
    Ive always had a soft spot for a Mike Dean after his performance for us at Wembley against The Blunts by denying them a stonewall penalty near the end.. All refs are Schite though.. (Ashy will be on my case now) ..lol

Yes alf, Dean did brilliant for us that day, some of his decisions were extraordinary especially the one as you say not giving them a penalty, didn't like him before that game, liked him after (for the wrong reasons) but he's a weird fruit is our Mike and he needs to be retired because of his bad judgements.

Yes alf, Dean did brilliant for us that day, some of his decisions were extraordinary especially the one as you say not giving them a penalty, didn't like him before that game, liked him after (for the wrong reasons) but he's a weird fruit is our Mike and he needs to be retired because of his bad judgements.
    If you say so,Alto.. I'd retire them all and replace them with a guide dog.. Lol

Couldn't comment because I haven't seen the game because I was on the 150 mile journey to the Turf at the time.
    However, I do know that Mike Dean is not being retired according to a conversation I had with Mike Riley a couple of months ago --so sorry to have to tell you that alto.
    As far as alf is concerned, the time will come when robots will be refereeing and will be completely oblivious to all out comments. It won't matter because the game will be a non-contact sport and even the most minimal contact will be penalised and the game won't be worth watching except for those of a snowflake upbringing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)