+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Niall McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    They are nae going to say anything bad are they.

"aye hes a sh@tebag in big games nine times out of ten" will not earn you a game

What about players who have left the club? Can't recall any negative stories coming out, can you?
    Indeed, even those that have left have been positive i.e. Christie

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What about players who have left the club? Can't recall any negative stories coming out, can you?
    Indeed, even those that have left have been positive i.e. Christie
    Its called professionalism which on the whole are club are good at

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Its called professionalism which on the whole are club are good at
    I don't think this is professionalism (which I agree we're pretty good at). You can toe the party line, and even go far enough beyond it to remove any scintilla of doubt, without going as far as to call your manager one of the most underrated in Britain. That's above and beyond the call. And it's only months since Niall signed for the club despite competing offers from Hearts and Hibs. He knew who he'd be working with. Plus we all know his allegiances and the chance to work with Lennon was on offer.

He obviously rates and likes Deek, however much that might offend the haters on here.

I wonder why he is underrated? You'd think that we would be fighting off other clubs on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I wonder why he is underrated? You'd think that we would be fighting off other clubs on a regular basis.
    Maybe because he’s underrated.

Maybe he’s not underrated teams may look at his time at Bristol city and think he was a disaster. They may look at his poor records in semi finals, finals and European games and think he doesn’t have a winners attitude. This may be backed up by the fact that he needed a week off to do some soul searching when offfered another job

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Maybe because he’s underrated.
    Stop trolling. It's a genuine question. If you have nothing to add to the topic then leave me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Maybe he’s not underrated teams may look at his time at Bristol city and think he was a disaster. They may look at his poor records in semi finals, finals and European games and think he doesn’t have a winners attitude. This may be backed up by the fact that he needed a week off to do some soul searching when offfered another job
    Harsh. His disaster at Bristol City had absolutely nothing to do with him, despite spunking £300k on Ricky Foster

Hes not underrated he is unwanted

In his 5 years the only two clubs showing an interest have been bampot clubs. One being huns, the other having hun links. Funny that

His Bristol City days will haunt him. That and his not taking advantage of Ronnie Deila and plapping it in big games continuously. Second in the Scottish Premier isnt going to get him a decent gig in England so our league finish this year will absolutley not get him any suitors

He may be a great man manager. Fair enough but that also wont get him a gig elsewhere

Untill he pummels the pigs or sevco a few times and picks up trophies, he will not get a decent job anywhere.

Also giving his word to sevco and pulling out may not do him any favours

Yes i dont like him and have made it clear for over a year now but at least im a realist. His big game record will keep him in our dugout untill he fixes it
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 14-11-2018 at 06:10 PM.

I know I'm repeating myself but he is the next Scotland manager once McLeish gets his jotters. That could be as early as December/January if we fail to take care of Albania and Israel over the next week given Euro qualifiers start in March. Alternatively will be at end of 19/20 season assuming we don't qualify for Euro 2020 either through main route or via the Nations League qualifiers. All bets are off if we do qualify for Euro 2020 as McLeish would then get the World Cup qualifiers as well so next vacancy wouldn't be until end of 21/22 season and not sure McInnes will be here another four seasons.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast