+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Niall McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Step forward Davie Moyes
    I am biased but I would much prefer Derek McInnes getting the Scotland gig than David Moyes.

Back on topic...I like Niall McGinn. Certainly a quality player on his day.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It's fine Aldo, you don't like the response when it was blatantly staring you in the face.
    So your answer to my question is that I'd need to ask someone who underrates him?

What wonderful insight you have.

Thanks for your input to the discussion.

Lolz

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I am biased but I would much prefer Derek McInnes getting the Scotland gig than David Moyes.

Yup, McGinn has got to be one of the best, if not the best, player we've had in the last 10-15 years, based on goals, assists and overall contribution to the team. As much as people say he's inconsistent (which most wingers are anyway), he has showed a general consistency over the years which has far exceeded most attacking players in Scottish football.

The Scottish national team has lost the interest of the nation sadly and as much as I hate to say it I personally couldn't care less who gets the job once McLeish gets dunted. For what it's worth I think he's doing the right thing picking Scottish based players and I hope he never picks those from the English leagues who just can't be bothered, ever again. I think there is the basis of a decent team if he can pick a consistent team for a few games we could be okay - our big problem is an international class striker.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Absolutely, one the best we have had at the club for a long time.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Absolutely, one the best we have had at the club for a long time.

SF
    He has been ace in the past but only had a couple of flashes this season. The ball to Wilson v Motherwell being one which was ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yup, McGinn has got to be one of the best, if not the best, player we've had in the last 10-15 years, based on goals, assists and overall contribution to the team. As much as people say he's inconsistent (which most wingers are anyway), he has showed a general consistency over the years which has far exceeded most attacking players in Scottish football.

The Scottish national team has lost the interest of the nation sadly and as much as I hate to say it I personally couldn't care less who gets the job once McLeish gets dunted. For what it's worth I think he's doing the right thing picking Scottish based players and I hope he never picks those from the English leagues who just can't be bothered, ever again. I think there is the basis of a decent team if he can pick a consistent team for a few games we could be okay - our big problem is an international class striker.
    Agree with this and although I also agree with the fact that no player is above criticism I have always found it bizzare that some people (not all) have complained about McGinn since he has been here yet stick up for Considine when he gets criticised.

Fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would say McGinn has had as much if not more criticism on here than Considine has which I find very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Agree with this and although I also agree with the fact that no player is above criticism I have always found it bizzare that some people (not all) have complained about McGinn since he has been here yet stick up for Considine when he gets criticised.

Fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would say McGinn has had as much if not more criticism on here than Considine has which I find very strange.
    Double jeapordy there Rico. Derailling the thread and slagging off Considine.

I reckon McGinn has had an injury too many now. Or is at least carrying one this season. Hopefully the latter

No way McGinn has had it as tough as Considine on here. Quite rightly shouldnt have either.

I have given stick on numerous occasions but i have explained why. Hes the most frustrating player ive ever seen in my 30 years watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Double jeapordy there Rico. Derailling the thread and slagging off Considine.
    Ooof never noticed that. The police are charging their tazers as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I reckon McGinn has had an injury too many now. Or is at least carrying one this season. Hopefully the latter

No way McGinn has had it as tough as Considine on here. Quite rightly shouldnt have either.

I have given stick on numerous occasions but i have explained why. Hes the most frustrating player ive ever seen in my 30 years watching.
    He is frustrating at times. During the semi final he made a right chunt of a corner in the first half, not even getting by the first player. Then he floats in an inch perfect corner for the goal. Most talented player we've had in a very long time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast