+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dons Directors – any true fans?

Dons Directors – any true fans?

Over the past few years Aberdeen fans have been split in the new stadium debate, but I’d say the majority are now keen on the new ground – with a big caveat. The proposed stadium design doesn’t have steep enough stands.

As the club’s home for the next century, we need a ground that’s not just functional but something to be proud of. Its not enough to keep us sheltered from the elements, it needs to foster an atmosphere… help intimidate opposition, give us a home advantage.

There are dozens of examples across Europe of 20,000 seaters that we’d be happy with;
    Groupama Budapest , Slavia Prague, Malmo, Groningen, Ghent – even Tynecastle is an improvement on the current plans.

Lets copy one of these rather than Bristol City…

Is there no one on the club board who can relate to and engage with the fans and help us to move forward with a design that we can be proud of?

I remember Chris Gavin made the move from the terraces and The Red Final to the board a few years back… has the board ever replaced him with a true fan? Too many Stewart Milne yes men onboard… I think the Directors forget that it’s the fans who’ll be paying for the stadium for generations to come. We deserve a voice now!

Steep stands certainly, but at Pittodrie, not Westhill.

Steep stands just isn’t happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Steep stands just isn’t happening.
    And nor will there be an iota of consultation.

Slavia Pragues Eden Arena is a very tidy ground. Traps atmosphere too. No chance that would be what our board are after. I remember being there thinking it would be a great template for our stadium. Then i remembered whos in charge of our club

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Slavia Pragues Eden Arena is a very tidy ground. Traps atmosphere too. No chance that would be what our board are after. I remember being there thinking it would be a great template for our stadium. Then i remembered whos in charge of our club
    I was there and thought it was terrible! A real characterless bowl. Really steep near the top, but ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    Over the past few years Aberdeen fans have been split in the new stadium debate, but I’d say the majority are now keen on the new ground – with a big caveat. The proposed stadium design doesn’t have steep enough stands.

As the club’s home for the next century, we need a ground that’s not just functional but something to be proud of. Its not enough to keep us sheltered from the elements, it needs to foster an atmosphere… help intimidate opposition, give us a home advantage.

There are dozens of examples across Europe of 20,000 seaters that we’d be happy with;
    Groupama Budapest , Slavia Prague, Malmo, Groningen, Ghent – even Tynecastle is an improvement on the current plans.

Lets copy one of these rather than Bristol City…

Is there no one on the club board who can relate to and engage with the fans and help us to move forward with a design that we can be proud of?

I remember Chris Gavin made the move from the terraces and The Red Final to the board a few years back… has the board ever replaced him with a true fan? Too many Stewart Milne yes men onboard… I think the Directors forget that it’s the fans who’ll be paying for the stadium for generations to come. We deserve a voice now!
    We will have no voice as long as Milne and his cronies run the club into the ground, that much is obvious. Milne OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    We will have no voice as long as Milne and his cronies run the club into the ground, that much is obvious. Milne OUT!
    Now, now - that’s not the case at all. Pay yer £18 a month DNA pish and you get to fill in a survey now and then. What more could you possibly want?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Steep stands certainly, but at Pittodrie, not Westhill.
    I doubt it would have been that steep but part of the planning permission meant they had to drop the height...I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I doubt it would have been that steep but part of the planning permission meant they had to drop the height...I believe.
    The only things that will be steep about the new stadium is ticket prices and buying into the loyalty points con scheme.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast