+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: West Brom - "We actually have a clue what to do now"

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Just read that when Rafa left Liverpool he gave £96,000 to the Hillsborough charity

It speaks volumes about his character
    A true gentleman
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Let's be totally honest. If they get to manage professional football clubs they have to be decent managers.
    We can use all kinds of names to describe any manager but the reality is most do a decent job for some clubs and not so well at others.
    Pardew has done fairly well at a good few clubs and not so good at others.
    I think he did fair at our club but I certainly thought he was a decent manager under the circumstances.

Right now he's showing his stuff as a top manager and making me warm to him more and more since January.
    If he carries on doing it then I'm going to sing his praises as a top man and manager.

I still stand by what I said about his earlier mistakes no matter what anyone thinks.
    Fickle fka.

So this means Rafa is an Elite manager then?

Because for a person to stick up for Pardew who has won jacksh!t, and excuse him for his poor management and results at numerous clubs, but to criticise Rafa (who has won major trophies at multiple clubs in multiple countries) until you’d look like a complete tool to carry on, surely means that you hold Rafa to a higher standard.

Either that or a person is a massive wind-up bellend 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Fickle fka.
    Yep I can be.
    Can't we all?

I'll state it again. I stand by what I said earlier on with criticising Rafa but I was too hasty in wanting him sacked....but let's put this into perspective and feel free to deny it if you wish.

If most other managers has done what Rafa did earlier, most fans would be tearing him to pieces and many would be happy to see him walk or be sacked, giving no thought to it other than "who's next."

Because it was Rafa, he's been afforded loyalty because of the feeling of being privileged to have him by many fans...which is fair enough if that's the way those fans want to think.

I chose to give him both barrels because I was totally sick of the football and the stubborn way he continued to play players that were simply not working....Joselu being a classic case.

I've seen the fickle way players have been crucified and now the change with fans who are singing their praises, yet some simply will not do it because it makes them look fickle, so they keep up a stance.

I have been clear and simple. I slagged Rafa off when I believed he deserved it. I've praised him and his set up for a good few months now, not yesterday or last week or after one good result.

So by all means use fickle but remember it applies to ALL of us...it's just a case of which situation fits at the time and where the mass opinion stands it's ground in many cases.

But let's be clear on something. I will slag Rafa off again if he puts out that dire clap trap disguised as football from earlier on; however, I believe he's learned himself what's what and has maybe stuck to experiments for his own reasons of which I'll grudgingly accept for the sake of positivity in myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    So this means Rafa is an Elite manager then?

Because for a person to stick up for Pardew who has won jacksh!t, and excuse him for his poor management and results at numerous clubs, but to criticise Rafa (who has won major trophies at multiple clubs in multiple countries) until you’d look like a complete tool to carry on, surely means that you hold Rafa to a higher standard.

Either that or a person is a massive wind-up bellend ��
    Feel free to think what you like.

I think your a wum or makum. Either way it equals NOB END!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)