+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match ratings v Colchester

Match ratings v Colchester

Collin 7 - His quick release started the move for the 2nd goal. Good stops early on.
    Tootle 7 - Defended his side well and was effective going forward in the 2nd half
    Duffy 6 - Looked really shaky in the 1st half. Improved a lot in the 2nd
    Brisley 6 - See Duffy. Had some strange moments. Unconvincing IMO
    Jones 7 - Very solid. Not his fault there was so little from us down the left. Much better set-piece taker than Dickinson
    Virtue 7 - Totally anonymous in the 1st. Super-dynamic performance in the second. If he can bottle and reproduce that form we have a real weapon for the rest of the season.
    Hewitt 6 - Not a great game, but he has something about him now and plays like he owns the position.
    Noble 5 - Well-motivated but very little came off for him.
    Grant 5 - Had our first shot, but he doesn't have any good moments out in the left midfield position. How can we use him best?
    Ameobi 7 - Battled hard and deserved his goal.
    Forte 8 - I'll bump him up 1 mark for my MOTM. Not that he played great generally, it just makes all the difference having a player like that on the pitch with some attacking threat - had a goal disallowed, scored the crucial equaliser and had a big hand in the 2nd.

Subs
    O'Connor 6 - OK. Good to see him back and putting tackles in
    Stead 7 - Did well coming on. Prefer him in this cameo role
    Hall - Not on long enough, went into a back 5 and didn't have too much to do

Cant argue with those scores..

Sadly I was not at the match and am therefore unable to comment.
    However, it is worth pointing out that according to the sports pages of the Times today, both Duffy and Virtue make the League Two team of the week.
    Worth noting there was no place for Forte!

Was at the game and totally agree with your scores AT, and for me Forte was man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Sadly I was not at the match and am therefore unable to comment.
    However, it is worth pointing out that according to the sports pages of the Times today, both Duffy and Virtue make the League Two team of the week.
    Worth noting there was no place for Forte!
    Thanks Chelitenham, but I'd take this site's ratings over a Murdoch rag any day.
    If there is a team of the week, Virtue was totally deserving, Forte a bit unlucky but even Duffers himself would be chuckling at making it. I reckon they spend about 1 minute doing it - top team wins away 1-3, defender scores, put him in...