+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr Chien Lee and Mr Billy Beane - Season Ticket Renewal Query

Dear Mr Chien Lee and Mr Billy Beane - Season Ticket Renewal Query

Now I know they are highly unlikely to read any of this ...

I have read the latest emotionally charged campaign "It's not just a game" "It's our everything" for the 18/19 Season Ticket renewal. What I am struggling with is what in reality is behind those soundbites ? I'll be honest, it appears like a blatant pull at the heartstrings of those loyal Barnsley fans to renew discarding any other factors that exist that could influence the decision whether to renew or not. Personally I find it a little belittling because of late the football / product offerings have been little short of abysmal and the enjoyment factor of coming to Oakwell has just not been there. In fact it has been a misery our loyal supporters are enduring even as I type this message. This in my opinion has largely been due to a Russian Roulette recruitment system that whilst works once in a while will favour the banker in most other circumstances. When recruiting unknown , lower league "rough diamonds" to develop and sell on, this is a gamble, a gamble that even when it works leaves Barnsley in trouble when we have to sell on the assets.

How are we ever going to build a team when we are not able to retain any player able to compete. How are we ever going to compete if we never acquire the right caliber of player. It is sickening as a fan that even now , around the headlines of Barnsleys relegations struggles , other teams are lining up to take any player we have that is worth having. Yids .. McBurnie .. and anyone that can play a straight pass, and lets face it , there aren't too many currently !

I had high hopes when you took over Barnsley that we may see a turn around and not be seen as a poor club thats primary purpose is the develop players for other teams. I had high hopes that Barnsley may finally be serious about recruitment, development and progress. I understand also that this is early days.

Maybe there is hope, maybe there is a Master plan, maybe I am worring for nothing because behind the scenes plans are there that will make the difference we need for the coming season, my big problem .....

What is the plan ? Is there a plan ? ... I need to hear the vision and something that offers some hope , passion and promise for the future of Barnsley FC. I have had enough of this blind faith. The club have been very quiet of late, I would rather our vision spelt out from the top to drum up hope and enthusiasm to entice supporters to renew their season tickets and even encourage some new fans however this current "It's not just a game" campaign rings very hollow goes nowhere for me because lets be real, it is just a game, if BFC cannot be serious about it then why should I ?

Please before the end of the Early Bird Renewal Window spell out the vision , either in L1 or the Championship for next season and give those supporters that are really undertstandably really fed up something more substantial than a soundbite.

Regards.
    Duk.
    Last edited by b1gduk; 15-04-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Not one penny from me until I see evidence that suggests we are building a football team to attempt to achieve things rather than a football factory that produces profit to line the pockets of billionaires .

It ain't about the rubbish on the field or even which league we are in , I've watched the club home and away at a far lower level .

This isn't what football clubs are set up to do , balance the books by selling players is fine , selling players when you are in financial trouble is fine also but I can't and won't support anything that deliberately sets out to sell the club's assets and then enters investors private bank accounts , absolutely not .

The club have always struggled to keep it's better players and we've sold because the club's ambitions can't match some of our players of yesterday , I get that too if rather frustratingly or we have found ourselves not able to pay our way .

This is deliberate asset stripping of a club with the profits leaving the business , the players are the saleable products .

Football doesn't work that way for fans like myself , the value for us are the performances they produce in a red shirt not how much they can be sold on for .

I want the club to succeed and roma's right that it's in your blood and you can't stop caring but they'll get nowt art of me until I see the model changing .

I won't be holding my breath .

You can’t stop caring. I have not stopped caring , or I wouldn’t be spending time writing all that and nor you for reading and repling to it but it’s about bums on seats these days it’s a commercial enterprise like universities or cineworld, whilst the club still try to pretend it’s a local thing. So the offering has to be worth the investment. I get totally the local bond to the club however I feel they are now taking advantage.

I would renew whatever happens this season if I knew next season we would show more ambition for the development of the team and as a consequence the enjoyment of the fans. As local as Barnsley is as a club the players that’s make the team are all motivated in themselves and Barnsley only as long as it suites them, even locally born club supporting managers !

So delivery something worth supporting because 300+ pounds per person can go a long way doing something that is actually enjoyable !
    Last edited by b1gduk; 15-04-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Top pooasts B1Guk and Animal.

We need to know what we are buying into (or not).

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not one penny from me until I see evidence that suggests we are building a football team to attempt to achieve things rather than a football factory that produces profit to line the pockets of billionaires .

It ain't about the rubbish on the field or even which league we are in , I've watched the club home and away at a far lower level .

This isn't what football clubs are set up to do , balance the books by selling players is fine , selling players when you are in financial trouble is fine also but I can't and won't support anything that deliberately sets out to sell the club's assets and then enters investors private bank accounts , absolutely not .

The club have always struggled to keep it's better players and we've sold because the club's ambitions can't match some of our players of yesterday , I get that too if rather frustratingly or we have found ourselves not able to pay our way .

This is deliberate asset stripping of a club with the profits leaving the business , the players are the saleable products .

Football doesn't work that way for fans like myself , the value for us are the performances they produce in a red shirt not how much they can be sold on for .

I want the club to succeed and roma's right that it's in your blood and you can't stop caring but they'll get nowt art of me until I see the model changing .

I won't be holding my breath .
    It was the last owner who stripped the assets wasn’t it ?

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    Now I know they are highly unlikely to read any of this ...

I have read the latest emotionally charged campaign "It's not just a game" "It's our everything" for the 18/19 Season Ticket renewal. What I am struggling with is what in reality is behind those soundbites ? I'll be honest, it appears like a blatant pull at the heartstrings of those loyal Barnsley fans to renew discarding any other factors that exist that could influence the decision whether to renew or not. Personally I find it a little belittling because of late the football / product offerings have been little short of abysmal and the enjoyment factor of coming to Oakwell has just not been there. In fact it has been a misery our loyal supporters are enduring even as I type this message. This in my opinion has largely been due to a Russian Roulette recruitment system that whilst works once in a while will favour the banker in most other circumstances. When recruiting unknown , lower league "rough diamonds" to develop and sell on, this is a gamble, a gamble that even when it works leaves Barnsley in trouble when we have to sell on the assets.

How are we ever going to build a team when we are not able to retain any player able to compete. How are we ever going to compete if we never acquire the right caliber of player. It is sickening as a fan that even now , around the headlines of Barnsleys relegations struggles , other teams are lining up to take any player we have that is worth having. Yids .. McBurnie .. and anyone that can play a straight pass, and lets face it , there aren't too many currently !

I had high hopes when you took over Barnsley that we may see a turn around and not be seen as a poor club thats primary purpose is the develop players for other teams. I had high hopes that Barnsley may finally be serious about recruitment, development and progress. I understand also that this is early days.

Maybe there is hope, maybe there is a Master plan, maybe I am worring for nothing because behind the scenes plans are there that will make the difference we need for the coming season, my big problem .....

What is the plan ? Is there a plan ? ... I need to hear the vision and something that offers some hope , passion and promise for the future of Barnsley FC. I have had enough of this blind faith. The club have been very quiet of late, I would rather our vision spelt out from the top to drum up hope and enthusiasm to entice supporters to renew their season tickets and even encourage some new fans however this current "It's not just a game" campaign rings very hollow goes nowhere for me because lets be real, it is just a game, if BFC cannot be serious about it then why should I ?

Please before the end of the Early Bird Renewal Window spell out the vision , either in L1 or the Championship for next season and give those supporters that are really undertstandably really fed up something more substantial than a soundbite.

Regards.
    Duk.
    Did you ask for a vision off any of the previous owners before renewing ?

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It was the last owner who stripped the assets wasn’t it ?
    Patrick Cryne as much as he frustrated me didn't buy the club with the intention of funneling the proceeds in to his private bank account .

He made money when he sold it and selling our assets certainly helped that profit but the circumstances in which he had to do that must be factored in even if I was frustrated to see the team break up , in fact scrub frustrated I was fecking angry .

These people have seen how much money the club received versus the spend and thought there's money to be made here and we will fetch our mate Billy Beane in and add the sugar .

The circumstances that forced the player sales also caught the eye of the present ownership , a double edged sword if ever there was one .

As the months have past on and Patrick passed away I've mellowed on the matter , I can't say I've totally forgotten what occurred but I wouldn't disrespect the guy either if that makes any sense .

We’ll have to wait and see what happens I suppose. They tried to buy other clubs who were losing millions of pounds a season but we’ll not know until it happens what they are going to do with buying and selling players . They said nothing daft but steady growth, personally I prefer that compared to racking up daft debts.

Can I also add ESR that several months ago I read an article in The Washington Post that said the deal with the new owners very nearly fell through .

The guy who brokered the deal was accused by Patrick of talking to the press and undermining the confidentiality agreement .

The guy was quoted as saying that at times it was difficult to do the deal because Patrick was heavily medicated and perhaps not fit enough to be involved in the process .

I kept it to myself because firstly it was a unconfirmed newspaper report and secondly it didn't seem right to bring it up when the bloke was terminally ill .

I've wondered since that due to the nature of Patrick's illness and subsequent medication that perhaps selling the club to these people wouldn't be something he would have done had he been healthy .

It's a tough topic to debate and I mean no disrespect to Patrick .

Alexander Jarvis brokered it I believe and he gets good reviews that I’ve read . Just sorted some investment at Peterborough for MacAnthony.

PCs family seemed happy with the deal when it went through ,but I guess we’ll never know what he thought but he did what he thought was right probably

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast