+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not bad for Fizzy Players.......

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I think this is the way to go too, but sometimes it's simply impossible not to point out the unbalance in the views of his - even though one knows it will only end up ruining an otherwise usually decent thread. I think it has to be done at times, though in moderation so it doesn't f*ck up every constructive debate on here.
    I'm truly amazed that with his superior knowledge, experience, know how and contacts that he's not employed earning millions giving advice and support to lesser managers like Rafa and to a lesser extent the like of Pardew who is now desperate for work.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I'm truly amazed that with his superior knowledge, experience, know how and contacts that he's not employed earning millions giving advice and support to lesser managers like Rafa and to a lesser extent the like of Pardew who is now desperate for work.
    I am surprised that his ar$ewipe mate hasn’t been on trying to defend this misquoted post

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    I am surprised that his ar$ewipe mate hasn’t been on trying to defend this misquoted post
    Been trying to find one of his 'quotes' defining Rafa as a dinosaur...... hang on, there are hundreds.

What was said about Rafa earlier on was bang on.
    People can sit and cite all kinds of reasons as to what he was doing but it's easy to do that when something changes.

It always comes down to the old" I told you so" stuff but the reality was his football was dire and the players were suffering for it and losing their form and even their get up and go from how I perceived it.

Playing Joselu when all and sundry could clearly see it was to the detriment of the team, just as other players were being used in more defensive roles they were not used to or accepting of.

It's easy to brush all that under the carpet as of now when things are going well and to say he had a reason for it.
    Just like it was easy to give him massive leeway by using the championship squad as some kind of get out of jail free card in the event we got relegated.

I stand by every word I've said about Rafa earlier on because I know how I felt as a fan for myself, not for the masses. It wasn't nice. In fact it was close to depressing and only so many excuses could be made before it became tedious.

Right now I'll blow smoke right up his aris because he deserves it and so do the team/squad. He changed things up that we could all see needed changing and also the few additions that worked well, fortunately, which also saw an upturn in many players who were handed the benefit of being able to express themselves in their natural positions offensively as well as the required defensive when needed, etc.

It was balanced out and all I asked for.
    I asked for some entertainment for my money, because I expect it as a fan and supporter. I didn't get it for half a season but I am now and I'm quite happy to get that same level of entertainment even at the medium level it's at compared to the top teams...but then again I don't ask for much, just a team that gives 100% which they have for most of the season and a manager who is willing to set them up to take the game to the opposition as and when possible and not be cannon fodder for nobody.

He has done this for the second half of the season and hats off to him for doing it.
    The first half of the season was generally mind numbing and soul destroying but I'm hopeful we won't be seeing that type of football under him whilst he's here, which I don't think we will, now that he's getting things right.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 17-04-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Just remember those that begged for Diame to be sold. Those who said he should never wear a black and white shirt ever again.
    Also those who crucified Dummett.
    Perez was dog tish as far as some were concerned.

Shelvey was not to be trusted and was a nutter who is overrated was the call from some.
    The list is endless with players but many of those players are now looking like cheese to the chalk and are being talked about in another manner of positivity.

See how it works?
    This is how it works with managers as well.
    We argue on what is and without foresight, naturally, but then many try to use earlier stances that come to fruition as some kind of " I told you so" and yet the one's that don't come to fruition are simply put down to anything other than being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Just remember those that begged for Diame to be sold. Those who said he should never wear a black and white shirt ever again.
    Also those who crucified Dummett.
    Perez was dog tish as far as some were concerned.

Shelvey was not to be trusted and was a nutter who is overrated was the call from some.
    The list is endless with players but many of those players are now looking like cheese to the chalk and are being talked about in another manner of positivity.

See how it works?
    This is how it works with managers as well.
    We argue on what is and without foresight, naturally, but then many try to use earlier stances that come to fruition as some kind of " I told you so" and yet the one's that don't come to fruition are simply put down to anything other than being wrong.
    Some said Rafa couldn't improve said players !

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Some said Rafa couldn't improve said players !
    I can't speak for others but it's a case of potential swings and roundabouts in terms of how Rafa started and how he's changed it up...and he has changed it up, which is why we're seeing players upping their game in terms of skill and confidence.

As much as Rafa got digs for damping many players abilities to express their talents at first he gets plaudits for allowing them to actually do that as of late.

Confidence brings improvement.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 17-04-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I can't speak for others but it's a case of potential swings and roundabouts in terms of how Rafa started and how he's changed it up...and he has changed it up, which is why we're seeing players upping their game in terms of skill and confidence.

As much as Rafa got digs for damping many players abilities to express their talents at first he gets plaudits for allowing them to actually do that as of late.

Confidence brings improvement.
    Do you agree or disagree that in the early part of the season Rafa simply didn't have the tools to work with.

Now although it's not perfect but he has a slightly better sst of tools to work with therefor he can and is doing a better job.

It's a very simple comparison to judge. What is your opinion of that Ghost.

What´s telling for me is how Rafa stuck with players like Diame and Perez who were clearly off form and struggling. We all saw that on form they didn´t deserve to be starting but they often did, although Rafa was rotating much more then than now.

(Then there´s Dummett looking like a different player - why is that? The same Dummett that P45due said would never make it as a PL player)

He clearly knew they were good enough when many of us said they weren´t (I hold my hand up re Diame). Great manager.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    What´s telling for me is how Rafa stuck with players like Diame and Perez who were clearly off form and struggling. We all saw that on form they didn´t deserve to be starting but they often did, although Rafa was rotating much more then than now.

(Then there´s Dummett looking like a different player - why is that? The same Dummett that P45due said would never make it as a PL player)

He clearly knew they were good enough when many of us said they weren´t (I hold my hand up re Diame). Great manager.
    Fancy Pardew having the nerve to say that about Dummett.

I wonder if Dummett could have the last laugh by saying Pardew would never make it as a Prem manager.

The proof of both opinions is surely in the pudding.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)