+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Not bad for Fizzy Players.......

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    You’ll also remember him predicting that the second half of the season would be better than the first.
    Do you think it’s because he thought - right I’ll send the team forward in the second half of the season?

He has of course but you need to ask why he didn’t before? You think it’s because he didn’t know the players he was working with. I’ll say that the players he had were not ready to play that type of football (personnel - Manquillo? and form: Diame, Perez, Ritchie, etc.)

Remember Fergie’s first few months at MU? They nearly fired him.
    why afetr nearly two seasons couldnt he work out how diame and shelvey would play together
    why after 4-5 games could he not work out josewho was ****e
    we did
    ii would say the players were able to pay how they are now apart from ****illo diame perez and ritchie starred in the last game of the season when we attacked from the start and looked really good
    but then he starts the new season dropping of like rabbitts caught in the headlights
    loose the ball all run back and defend

and remeber rafa has had a lot of these lads for a lot longer than a few months like fergie
    two ppre seasons
    1 full season

rinse and repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    why afetr nearly two seasons couldnt he work out how diame and shelvey would play together
    we did
    ii would say the players were able to pay how they are now apart from ****illo diame perez and ritchie starred in the last game of the season when we attacked from the start and looked really good
    but then he starts the new season dropping of like rabbitts caught in the headlights

and remeber rafa has had a lot of these lads for a lot longer than a few months like fergie
    two ppre seasons
    1 full season
    negative negative negative,yawn

Standard ****e.

If Rafa said it was a nice day out for a game of football, some would immediately say no it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    we did

two ppre seasons
    1 full season
    You know, you remind me of a grumpy, middle aged woman who has everything she wants handed to her by her husband, yet still cant stop fkn complaining.

He comes back from a hard days graft, nips out for a swift half and she goes ape **** when he comes in. She then demands the new Mercedes he bought her last month be replaced by a Bentley as compensation.

Not sure what else Rafa could do to make you happy TBH.

There's always other sides to a story. It isn't always scent of roses.

The feel good factor is here but it's took a haphazard path of detours to get to where we are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    There's always other sides to a story. It isn't always scent of roses.

The feel good factor is here but it's took a haphazard path of detours to get to where we are right now.
    Thing is though...the whole time we were breaking records under pardew for all the wrong reasons with better players to choose from...you stuck by him and still are! You don't have a higher reasoning ability and you don't know more about football...you just like to contrary!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Thing is though...the whole time we were breaking records under pardew for all the wrong reasons with better players to choose from...you stuck by him and still are! You don't have a higher reasoning ability and you don't know more about football...you just like to contrary!
    You mean I didn't want him sacked?
    That's correct, I didn't because I genuinely thought he did a fair job with the pressures he was placed under.

Imagine if he was sacked and a caretaker manager took over until we found a new manager who then bought loads of decent players and destroyed everything.
    Luckily he wasn't sacked.......but he did walk because people were getting leaflets made with Pardew out on them and he took the
    Crystal palace job which allowed him a get out.
    I certainly can't blame him for that.

King for a day and beast for a lifetime with some fans. It's just a matter of circumstance.

However, you could well be right about me being contrary to a lot of mass opinion...but is it just for the sake of it or is it because I feel strongly of my opinion?

I could very easily go along with the crowd even if I have a contrary opinion, just to fit in. But I'm not like that,a s you well know.
    That doesn't mean I disagree with everything, it means that what I do disagree with stands out against mass opinion to the contrary of what I think and shows my name up on a regular basis as a stand out contrarian.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 20-04-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You mean I didn't want him sacked?
    That's correct, I didn't because I genuinely thought he did a fair job with the pressures he was placed under.

Imagine if he was sacked and a caretaker manager took over until we found a new manager who then bought loads of decent players and destroyed everything.
    Luckily he wasn't sacked.......but he did walk because people were getting leaflets made with Pardew out on them and he took the
    Crystal palace job which allowed him a get out.
    I certainly can't blame him for that.

King for a day and beast for a lifetime with some fans. It's just a matter of circumstance.

However, you could well be right about me being contrary to a lot of mass opinion...but is it just for the sake of it or is it because I feel strongly of my opinion?

I could very easily go along with the crowd even if I have a contrary opinion, just to fit in. But I'm not like that,a s you well know.
    That doesn't mean I disagree with everything, it means that what I do disagree with stands out against mass opinion to the contrary of what I think and shows my name up on a regular basis as a stand out contrarian.
    See...you nearly make a good point! But Rafa has had more pressure if you relate it to doing a good job...he's got us improving...he's got a clear system and vision which is showing and did even when it wasn't working!

Pardew was ridiculous...for losing streaks, lack of a plan or coaching even when we finished 5th!

I'm quite happy to argue a point...I also don't give a shyte if my opinion differs from others...but I don't choose my opinion JUST because it differs!

This is where I think you are stuck!

I was wrong about dummet. ...fair bit of that has to do with rafa though, no?
    I had lost patience with perez...guess rafa knew what he was doing percavering, no?
    Thought diame was....you get my point! I've been proved wrong before and will again...

I respect someone that can accept being wrong...not someone that tries to twist things to fit their perception!

You disagree with 95% which, considering your supposed to support the same team as, and want the same as the rest of us, is strange.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)