+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Not bad for Fizzy Players.......

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    nope i said that
    and agan the way they were being played under rafa wasnt to their strengths

no one can deny that in the last 5-6 games we are not playing different to how we have since rafa took over

just look at how high we play up the field

just look at how many we get into the box
    look at how shelvey and diame are rotating

we often now have 3-4 men in the box and two shutting their back 4 down
    not like most games this season where as soon as we lost the ball we dropped of to defend

yes i said it and thiose that he brought in for that time and that league arent playing in the prem apart from 3
    gayle atsu and yedlin i thought one of those was on lon at the time

and agan as many said on here obviousy agreeing with me they were fizzy players
    because they were not being played to their strengths
    and havent for so very long under rafa

most were awful under rafa for those last few games as they were not playing how they wanted or too their strengths
    i have asaid many times i think shelvey is not england class

after the way he is being played and playing these last 5 games i may change my mind
    but i still thisnk he is to slow of mind and body for international footy
    good enough skill wise on recent form

so if we look at that statement
    which by the way boosts my ego so much that someone would spend so long trawling old posts about pboromag to prove a point when so many say they avoid me

im now being proved wrong about shelvey
    but was i wrong upto the last few games ??

most were awful in the prem or we wouldnt have gotten relegated

most were brought in for the fizzy
    not all

without gayles early goals in the fizzy which then dried up would we have come back up

does anyone disagree that we needed more than we got when we came up

we dont have one premier calss player
    we dont we have average premier players in most cases

so not to far from the mark
    5 mintes of looking

you little liar exile

but thanks anyway

im so much happier that anyone would tae the time to prove anything i say

5 minutes you wont get nback sad lad
    long winded waffle thats tries to detract from the point of

you accused nufc players of being fizzy players
    then (with very little change to the squad) attack so called other posters who said the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I think what seperates you from the rest of us is that we all had faith in Rafa to come through - even during the difficult run. You dont seem to have the same faith in a CL winning manager. In fact, you just react to results as they happen - against Rafa before January, for him now and then if results turn against him again. Dont you see thats one of the oldest stereotypes other fans like to have of us -- fickle. Dont play that game man.
    Yep that's what separates us but is that really the entire truth in what you say about all having faith for the right reasons or for the fact that fans were feeling privileged to actually have him and were scared to upset him?

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    long winded waffle thats tries to detract from the point of

you accused nufc players of being fizzy players
    then (with very little change to the squad) attack so called other posters who said the same thing
    Exactly.

PBoro, I don't need to lie. I remembered your slating of the team towards the the end of our championship winning season. Three hops and I was on the page with posts from that time. 5 minutes was a slight exageration to be honest, as it only took two or three.

There are numerous posts from you at the time that prove that you to be either a hypocrite or a WUM.
    Last edited by Geordie_Exile_De; 18-04-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Yep that's what separates us but is that really the entire truth in what you say about all having faith for the right reasons or for the fact that fans were feeling privileged to actually have him and were scared to upset him?
    Erm NO.......... the fact is that all of us football aficionados were (through difficult times) and are (in not so difficult times) appreciative that we have a world class manager. It remains to be seen if he stays under the stewardship of the ''owner'' but rest assured whether he goes or stays he will be revered in these parts.
    We've only had a few class managers & it brings into perspective the eras of messrs Pardew/Carver/McLaren/Gullir/Daglish et al. IRWT.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Erm NO.......... the fact is that all of us football aficionados were (through difficult times) and are (in not so difficult times) appreciative that we have a world class manager. It remains to be seen if he stays under the stewardship of the ''owner'' but rest assured whether he goes or stays he will be revered in these parts.
    We've only had a few class managers & it brings into perspective the eras of messrs Pardew/Carver/McLaren/Gullir/Daglish et al. IRWT.
    That's basically what I said. In other words you and other are/were fearful of losing him because he came with a tag of world class and the initial exciting feeling of having him (including myself) taking charge of team matters was looked on as a privilege that mustn't be abused.

I abused it by having a pop at him for his sickening football earlier on in the premier league and it doesn't sit right with many right now but earlier on many were starting to lose patience even though they gritted their teeth.

However, by all means think everything was rosy under him because I'll continue to know it wasn't but is gaining week by week with him and he deserves my respect and plaudits for turning it around to play football that's not only fairly entertaining, now...but successful as it goes.

Many managers have said that to players who've went on to make a name for themselves. Some actually do it as a massive motivation. Pardew could have done the same but people will see it how they want to see it.
    Jesus H. Christ....

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Jesus H. Christ....
    Who does he play for?

Read what you quoted.
    I did read exactly and you are evading the issue as usual.

That's basically what I said. In other words you and other are/were fearful of losing him because he came with a tag of world class and the initial exciting feeling of having him (including myself) taking charge of team matters was looked on as a privilege that mustn't be abused.

I abused it by having a pop at him for his sickening football earlier on in the premier league and it doesn't sit right with many right now but earlier on many were starting to lose patience even though they gritted their teeth.

However, by all means think everything was rosy under him because I'll continue to know it wasn't but is gaining week by week with him and he deserves my respect and plaudits for turning it around to play football that's not only fairly entertaining, now...but successful as it goes.
    Erm no again!!! WITH RESPECT
    Most of us had confidence throughout that this world class manager would get the owner out of the mire.I seem to recall that your buddy criticised Mr Benitez for only winning the championship last year at the eleventh hour - almost by default. WELL NOW by the same token that same manager has secured safety with limited quality 5 games from close - yes 5 !!! You cant have it both ways
    Oh & yes I admit Im fearful of losing him through lack of investment God forbid.I suppose the majority of fans feel the same way.I wonder why ???????

Just so I understand your point of view. You admit that Rafa has had a successful career (his record shows it), I mean he won the Champions League and so he has some idea of football, yes?

You also think that all he had to do in the mid part of the season was send the team forward and we would've won loads more games. Don't you think that is a rather simple thing for a manager of his calibre to have missed. I mean,really?

Remembering that he works with the team all through the week, every week, I think your "dire football" argument is naive in the extreme.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)