+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa May shown up again.. .. . .

Injustice is injustice Supersub6.

When did this country stop doing the right thing?

James O'Brien on LBC radio is giving Theresa everything at the moment

She deserves it, and has apologised.

The PM said there was no "clampdown" on Commonwealth immigrants.
    She said the current controversy had arisen because of new rules, introduced by her as home secretary, designed to indentify and expel illegal immigrants from the UK.

"This has resulted in some people, through no fault of their own, now needing to be able to evidence their immigration status," she told the foreign ministers and leaders of 12 Commonwealth nations in Downing Street.
    The PM added: "Those who arrived from the Caribbean before 1973 and lived here permanently without significant periods of time away in the last 30 years have the right to remain in the UK.
    "As do the vast majority of long-term residents who arrived later, and I don't want anybody to be in any doubt about their right to remain here in the United Kingdom."
    Jamaica's Prime Minister Andrew Holness told Mrs May he looked forward to "a speedy implementation of your proposed solution".
    He said it was "only fair" that people who had "significantly contributed" to the UK should be allowed to "take their place" as citizens.
    The UK government has apologised after it emerged that some people who arrived from the Commonwealth decades ago as children were now being incorrectly identified as illegal immigrants.

David Lammy has identified someone due to be deported tomorrow!!

Of course many people voted for Brexit to curb illegal immigration.

" I don't want anybody to be in any doubt about their right to remain here in the United Kingdom."

It still does not alter the fact that many have been deported and still are being, with many more not able to return.

Yes Sub, David Lammy is helping one family, one family out of thousands, some heart breaking callers on LBC this morning, its a BIG mess caused by Theresa May who again would not listen that it was wrong and it could backfire, it has backfired and she is denying that many have and still are being miss treated

I have had to fight the system myself on behalf of my two sons who, at the time when they made various changes in 1971 and which is responsible for the current problem, were suddenly deemed to be aliens.
    The reason for this is that they were both born in Germany whilst I was serving there with the RAF and I followed the correct procedures in registering them with the British Consul at the time of their birth. The problem arose when they were both due to go abroad on school trips on block passports --they were refused because we were told that they were aliens. Needless to say, this caused us some concern because I was still serving and technically had two foreign children who were not entitled to be in the country! It took some time to sort out and I had to obtain individual passports so that they could go on these trips.
    My youngest son also experienced nationality problems when he went to join the RAF and we had to sort that out too.

I am white British and the only time my parents had been out of the country was when my dad fought in Africa and Italy in WWII and then when they came to visit us in Germany during our two tours there.
    I can understand the frustration of those involved at the moment because they have completely misunderstood what the changes made in 1971 meant to them and, as usual, there has been a total lack of guidance until the proverbial hit the fan and people who have been in this country for many, many years are being treated terribly.

I can understand the trouble you had with your sons Sub, and its of no surprise to me even before this upheaval has hit the fan.

But this is a directive from Theresa May when she was Home Secretary, going against many advisors that it was not right and not legal, now she is claiming that there is nobody being miss treated and that she did no wrong, she continues to make mistakes and will never admit to doing anything wrong, she has to be made accountable, but it looks like she'll come out of the sh!t pot sucking her thumb.

I think it was Abu Qatada (I may be wrong) who May could not deport back to Jordan for many years because Jordan has vicious interrogation methods, he was only sent back to Jordan when they "Promised" not to torture him, why could she not do that years earlier when all it took was an empty Promise.

I know that my situation is not as serious as those citizens being deported but...after returning this year from China I was told that I had to submit my passport and confirm my nationality.
    My passport was then sent to 2 different offices in the U.K to verify that I was English.
    During this period of approx. 2 months it was as if I didn't exist...no N.I. number, nothing....
    I was also told that I would not receive any "help from the Government" during this period.
    So, in conclusion, even though I am a British Citizen, born in England, have a British passport, it seems that my identity / nationality is in doubt !

It's frightening guys, it really is!

I'll ask again, "When did this country stop doing the right thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    I know that my situation is not as serious as those citizens being deported but...after returning this year from China I was told that I had to submit my passport and confirm my nationality.
    My passport was then sent to 2 different offices in the U.K to verify that I was English.
    During this period of approx. 2 months it was as if I didn't exist...no N.I. number, nothing....
    I was also told that I would not receive any "help from the Government" during this period.
    So, in conclusion, even though I am a British Citizen, born in England, have a British passport, it seems that my identity / nationality is in doubt !
    That reminds me, my sister in law with her husband took their boat across the Atlantic to South America, they had many problems, one being in the doldrums for 4 weeks without engine and the main mast had been broken in a storm.

When they eventually reached South America (French Guyana), he stayed with the boat while they got the repairs done, she flew home for a couple of months, she was not allowed to claim anything as she had been out of the Country for 10 months, she had no job, no money and no home, just her passport and N.I. # yet she was not helped at all.

Sounds about right Alto!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)