+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated McBurnie

Frustrated McBurnie

Super striker Oli McBurnie has revealed the Barnsley players were frustrated after their disappointing draw with Bolton.

In the end it was an injury-time McBurnie header which salvaged a point for the Reds.

However, the Reds were in front for the majority and only a five-minute lapse in concentration towards the end left them trailing.

It was a disappointing result as a win would have seen Jose Morais’ outfit leagfrop the Trotters and move out of the relegation places.

The Scottish international said: “The overriding emotion is frustration.

“Obviously we’ve salvaged a point at the end, but we should never have let ourselves get in that position really.

“We seem to like to make it hard for ourselves and that’s exactly what we’ve done again.

“They’re in a dog fight just as much as us so you knew they’d come out fighting after the break. We knew they were never going to roll over but we made it hard for ourselves unfortunately.

“It wasn’t individual genius from them, it was sloppiness from ourselves and then we had to claw it back. It’s not a position we should have been in in that game.”

Despite being deflated at the result, McBurnie was give to highlight the positives.

A point means survival is still in their own hands with a game in hand over Bolton - who the Reds kept just two points adrift of.

The Swansea City loanee added: “The positives are that we’ve got a point from the game and it’s still in our own hands.

“We have a couple of days to recover and then we go again next week for what is another cup final.”

The Reds now have four tough games to go in order to secure their Championship status. Three of those four are away from home, starting with a trip to Leeds United on Saturday.

It will be the first time the Reds have come up against former manager Paul Heckingbottom.

The old football cliche that points in the bag are better than a game or two in hand could never be truer.

Wivved a lot of "lapses in concentration" this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The old football cliche that points in the bag are better than a game or two in hand could never be truer.

Wivved a lot of "lapses in concentration" this season.
    Tha reyt SB, it's goyl diffrunce thatull keerp usupp tho !

I can still see Derby needing summat on the last day to get in the play offs .

Half a chance this game could be on sky if the last automatic place is sorted by then .

Be academic Animal. We won't pick up another point this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Be academic Animal. We won't pick up another point this season.
    I don't know steve , still a shot at it with the game in hand .

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't back us wi brass but if we can win on saturday and let's face it Leeds aren't great then it could just give us the lift to go on and take this to the last day .

Your mate won't be doing us any favours I can tell thi that , he needs a win badly himself .

I know a few condescending pr icks who are Leeds fans saying "I hope you win, yorkshire clubs together, hate Heckingbottom, want him sacking" etc and I'll tell you this now if they beat us on saturday it'll soon change to laughing their c ocks off at us and saying "we sent you down again" etc.

Horrible club and fans. Heckingbottom being in charge would just be the icing on the cake for me. If we lose can see myself being sore for a few days after mate.

If only we were 1 point behind, and that loss at Ipswich looks worse now when you think about it, we would still have the incentive to get at least a draw in our game in hand. As it stands though right now we're 2 behind and we need to win at least one more game.
    Our chance might be if/when Brentford's season is over when they visit us.

The new players who have been here 2 mins frustrated how does he think fans feel who's been watching a load of Bo++ox all season

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If only we were 1 point behind, and that loss at Ipswich looks worse now when you think about it, we would still have the incentive to get at least a draw in our game in hand. As it stands though right now we're 2 behind and we need to win at least one more game.
    Our chance might be if/when Brentford's season is over when they visit us.
    If the worst did appun ! Burton at ooham wa costly , fust hafe wa dreadful that's the standart defeat fomee ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast