+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next season

Next season

I know I am jumping the gun a bit.
    And we have matches still to enjoy this season but....
    Now we are safe I’m sure things will start moving behind the scenes looking towards next season...

Staveley get a bid in ASAP

Ashley if you don’t want to sell hand Rafa an open cheque book and get him to sign a new 15 year contract.(if pardew was worth 8 years)

New contracts for Lascelles,Shelvey and Diamé

Start looking on getting shot of unwanted players colback,saivert,mat sells josello...let’s face it we have plenty to get shot off

That’s a start

Now who would you buy???????

Dubravka and Kenedy first off!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Dubravka and Kenedy first off!
    That wold be an excellent start to begin with.

Slimani looks allreet from the little I’ve seen of him

I wouldn't be unhappy with making our three loanees permanent for a start. I'd look at a CM partner for Shelvey (I know Diamé been great lately but this is an area I feel we could make a step up).

Real world: the loans made permanent, swap Mitro for Ryan Sessengon, Lallana (or someone similar) in from Liverpool at no 10 and offload as much deadwood as possible. Another young up and coming no 9 in if we manage to somehow sell Joselu.

Keepers
    Darlow,
    Elliot,
    Sells, (on loan)
    Dubravka (if we sign him)
    Woodman (on loan)

How many do we need? Who would you sell or buy?

I would buy Dubravka, keep Elliot and woodman
    Get rid of Darlow and sells

I wouldn't mind Jay Rodriguez, tbh. Not as our main striker but as an upgrade on Perez.

Mind, to be fair to him, he's been much better recently and I don't just mean because he's scored some incredibly important goals-his all-round game has improved and he may, belatedly, be realising the promise he showed when he first came (at least to an extent).

Hmmm, me, I think I will leave the transfer market to Rafa. I mean, apart from the 2 wum idiots on here, I'm sure that most of us think he really does have a masterplan/blueprint.

Earlier on in the season I would happily of sold Perez and Diame I even had doubts over Shelvey

After the shambles that was the Watford home game I almost had a doubt about our ability to stay up and maybe to a certain extent Rafa (panicky)

I am pleased to say I am was wrong!
    I am pleased I am not picking the team or buying players

In Rafa we trust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)