+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All time record against Newton Heath (Man United0

All time record against Newton Heath (Man United0

Hello Lloyd.

By coincidence I was looking at our record against United just the other day.

Not too shabby considering, and they only really gained the upper hand numbers wise post Premier League.

Nice to know we've given them a bloody nose a few times in recent years and Sunday was a cracking day out and result.

Looking forward to us giving Klopp a nice kick in the nads again on Saturday too .

Hope all is well with James, your good self and the rest of the family.

COYB .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hello Lloyd.

By coincidence I was looking at our record against United just the other day.

Not too shabby considering, and they only really gained the upper hand numbers wise post Premier League.

Nice to know we've given them a bloody nose a few times in recent years and Sunday was a cracking day out and result.

Looking forward to us giving Klopp a nice kick in the nads again on Saturday too .

Hope all is well with James, your good self and the rest of the family.

COYB .

In contrast our record against Woking is dire!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In contrast our record against Woking is dire!
    Very true, but then we've only played them once.

I really couldn't give a sh it to be honest though Mick, we're posting about our record versus Manchester United.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Very true, but then we've only played them once.

I really couldn't give a sh it to be honest though Mick, we're posting about our record versus Manchester United.
    In repost....neither can I .....I was merely trying to be humorous.

Apologies for sullying the purity of the thread for the “anoraks” on the board.

Back under my stone I do crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In repost....neither can I .....I was merely trying to be humorous.

Apologies for sullying the purity of the thread for the “anoraks” on the board.

Back under my stone I do crawl.
    Toodle pip .

Not many 0-0's. Saw many of the great games in the 60's and 70's. The 5-5 a few seasons ago reminded me of those times.

I feel I was lucky to be one of the huge crowd on that night in 1968 who saw us destroy Manure 6-3. We had just got to the FA Cup final and they had got to the European Cup Final. Both sides played their full side, none of this resting players sh*te to keep em fit. Best, Law, Charlton, Stiles etc and we absolutely caned em. Just two moments of Best magic in the last quarter pulled it back from 6-1 to make it slightly more respectable. I think Astle got a hat-trick, then got another on the following Saturday.

Great days, Joy!
    We beat Blues in the SemiFinal on the Saturday (Jeff 1 goal);
    Beat ManU 6-3 2 days later on the Monday (Jeff 3)
    Then beat WHam 3-1 on the Thursday (Jeff 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I feel I was lucky to be one of the huge crowd on that night in 1968 who saw us destroy Manure 6-3. We had just got to the FA Cup final and they had got to the European Cup Final. Both sides played their full side, none of this resting players sh*te to keep em fit. Best, Law, Charlton, Stiles etc and we absolutely caned em. Just two moments of Best magic in the last quarter pulled it back from 6-1 to make it slightly more respectable. I think Astle got a hat-trick, then got another on the following Saturday.
    Was at college at the time. Went with a mate, a Man. Utd. fan, and our girl friends. We were literally the last ones through the turnstile before they closed the gates. By the time we sat down were 2-0 up. As you say, they scored two goals in the last few minutes to make it look closer than it was. We were brilliant and 6-1 would have been a better reflection of the game. What would I give to be able to see Albion in that sort of form again? I'm afraid that it won't be in my lifetime or probably anybody much younger it's sad to say. Never mind, at least I have witnessed it, which many won't have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)