+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Might be a bit controversial her for some but....

Might be a bit controversial her for some but....

Im sick of seeing probably 250+ seats empty in the family bit every game, with way more on night games. There must have been 300+ yesterday for one of the biggest games of the season. As we know the club have to announce 'tickets sold' as the gate but the figure is different from clicks at the turnstile for fire regs.

I think what the club have done in offering much reduced seats to get the kids in is great BUT I think some parents are taking the p1ss and not bothering to attend as they are so cheap and arent feeling hit in the pocket if they miss 4/5/6 games a season. I think it should be 3 strikes and you're out im afraid. Dont attend 3 or more (which the club could tell if they are used or not) and you cant renew next year OR pay equivalent that they would do in say the middle of the Gallowgate for an Adult/child. I think it would change peoples tune.

Im aware you cant get match to match tickets certainly online in the family section (not sure if you can over the phone?).

The club keep saying its a sell out when clearly it isnt because of the family section and a few in the posh seats. If they cant get there/kids ill etc move the tickets on for the game, im sure they could get rid.

I have kids myself and sometimes take them so im certainly all for them getting interested as obviously they are the future of the clubs support.

Aye. I mean, to be fair, the attendances given out aren't too far from the actual attendance unlike, say, Arsenal or the mackems (who claimed almost 30 000 against Shef Wed but folk who were there reckoned about 17 thousand). But, I noticed exactly the same thing as you, Bob and pointed it out. We reckoned a couple of hundred at least in Level 7.

The way clubs (is it all clubs) announce attendance when it's really tickets sold is ridiculous. It's not the same thing at all. it's like saying 'right, kids, we're getting a dog' and then coming back with a spider.

you can't do 3 strikes and out, because not everyone scans their tickets.

for instance - lifts in the gallowgate don't have a ticket scanner.

school nights for kids... could be very late night depending on how far away they live. school has to come first

OOOh so does that mean anyone can just walk in? there must be a ticket check somewhere?

theres a person who looks at your ticket

So their eyes are the scanners.

So its full price adult and kids tickets then and a properly full stadium.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)