+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oli McBurnie - How's he doing?

Oli McBurnie - How's he doing?

Hi, Swansea fan here, I'm just wondering how Oli McBurnie is getting on for you lot? I know he's got a good goalscoring record so far, but how have his performances been? Do you think he looks capable enough of stepping up to the Premier League next season? (if we stay up that is!)

He didn't get much of a chance with us as he was usually back-up striker and would only ever come off the bench for 5-10 minutes, never enough time to do anything. It's been tough for him in our side, playing under an overly defensive-minded manager in Paul Clement, but it's good to see him finally getting a loan move and scoring some goals, it was pretty obvious that he was capable of doing that in the Championship, it was just a shame he didn't have a full season loan.

Hopefully you'll stay up this season, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SwansFan87 View Post
    Hi, Swansea fan here, I'm just wondering how Oli McBurnie is getting on for you lot? I know he's got a good goalscoring record so far, but how have his performances been? Do you think he looks capable enough of stepping up to the Premier League next season? (if we stay up that is!)

He didn't get much of a chance with us as he was usually back-up striker and would only ever come off the bench for 5-10 minutes, never enough time to do anything. It's been tough for him in our side, playing under an overly defensive-minded manager in Paul Clement, but it's good to see him finally getting a loan move and scoring some goals, it was pretty obvious that he was capable of doing that in the Championship, it was just a shame he didn't have a full season loan.

Thanks ‘87 .. He is an instinctive goal scorer. Gets himself into good positions and knows where the back of the net is. He also sees a pass but does get it wrong on occasion but don’t they all. We would love to be able to either buy him or have another year out of him on loan but he has caught the eye of a dozen clubs who are all suggesting a bid for him in the summer, Leeds apparently top of the list though Rangers and others have been mentioned.

Is he Prem standard right now, I can’t say but he will be a great addition to any Championship side

Good luck staying up !

Quote Originally Posted by SwansFan87 View Post

He’s probably our best winger

he's 5hite on wing

Wiv dun aar usual job of gerrin players match fit and performing ready to return to their parent clubs--Gardener is another example.

He's only been here since our new Head Coach Mr Morais az bin here. He has been helped a lot by another new arrival, a big lad called Moore, tekkin the stick up front and winning knock darns. Mr Morais plays McBurnie almost as a left wing back covering our weak left back but he does drift into the six yard area to scooar goals. Widda been darn nar wiart his goals.
    Not sure abart Premiership quality at the moment but certainly top level Championship.

Iz scoorin goals frumpt wing , wud he scoor laikin darnt middle ? Arr dunt think id be in game as much

Time he smartened his sen up , get a shave and pull thi socks up .

Can't fault his contribution , probably be cast adrift at the bottom of the league without his goals .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Time he smartened his sen up , get a shave and pull thi socks up .

Can't fault his contribution , probably be cast adrift at the bottom of the league without his goals .
    He looks like that Klopek lad off of Burbs

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    He looks like that Klopek lad off of Burbs
    Ahh the one with the ginger hair who brings out the sardines ?.
    Theres no doubt Ollie's destined for bigger and better and we just can't provide him with that (especially not in Lg One), and I can see him joining another more established Champship club.

He reminds me of Darren on Royle Family.

Guzzart wi Big Julie frum Argos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast