+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone on BLADESmad

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    You’re a thick clapper with a ridiculous liking for the Dingles,
    Cheers ya 10 bob tory wimp.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    ... but that doesn't stop us wanting more and maybe having the gut feeling we have thrown a great chance away because Wilder wasn’t backed in January and it was down to ownership squabbles.
    There was fairly wide agreement that Wilder had been backed in the JTW, as he was able to land his targets and kept hold of Brooks (whether as a result of his illness or not). As it happens, none of the new ones have had a significant impact on the results, as January transfers rarely do.

As for ownership squabbles, we were all unaware until after the JTW thatcontract clauses had been triggered, and one was trying to buy the other out or visa versa. As we stand no-one knows anything about which way this will go, and what the effect will be. It didn't seem to stop Wilder buying his targets in the last two transfer windows. We'll have to see about the summer window, but doom and gloom seems a little premature.

... but we can’t just sit back and clap away if we see things that aren’t right.
    I haven't seen anyone blindly clapping anything. Acknowledging that we got a lot right isn't the same thing as ignoring what we got wrong. Personally I can't stand the labeling of posters as clappers or slashers (just waiting for the first cry of 'patsy'...) Most posters views are not so black and white, and trying to reduce it to a binary argument is just disingenuous and cynical. We all see where we are weak and where we haven't performed. Its not some mystery revealed only to the True Believers. While we might think we know the answer, its the managers and coaches job to deal with it and put it right. I may know a bit about football, but I confess, CW probably has me beat.

I think we’ve got a great thing going with Chris with but as always with United, we’re waiting for somebody upstairs to pull the rug from under his feet and fear he’ll leave. Anybody who doesn’t think that our owners are our weakest link (again) and main barrier to this club’s success must have been living on Fuller’s Earth for the past 50 years. UTB
    I think we've got a great thing with Chris, but he is not immune from criticism. Of course we'll cut him some slack because of what he has achieved here so far, but I hope he and Alan have learned from this season, as next year we are going to have to be smarter and more consistent at both ends of the pitch. UTB

all excellent posts i would definetly say 7 out of 10 for this season and chris will have learned a lot just need that little bit more quality in the squad as for the ownership issue mcabe and the prince need to get it sorted the current situation aint gonna do owt for season ticket sales

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    There was fairly wide agreement that Wilder had been backed in the JTW, as he was able to land his targets and kept hold of Brooks (whether as a result of his illness or not). As it happens, none of the new ones have had a significant impact on the results, as January transfers rarely do.

As for ownership squabbles, we were all unaware until after the JTW thatcontract clauses had been triggered, and one was trying to buy the other out or visa versa. As we stand no-one knows anything about which way this will go, and what the effect will be. It didn't seem to stop Wilder buying his targets in the last two transfer windows. We'll have to see about the summer window, but doom and gloom seems a little premature.

I haven't seen anyone blindly clapping anything. Acknowledging that we got a lot right isn't the same thing as ignoring what we got wrong. Personally I can't stand the labeling of posters as clappers or slashers (just waiting for the first cry of 'patsy'...) Most posters views are not so black and white, and trying to reduce it to a binary argument is just disingenuous and cynical. We all see where we are weak and where we haven't performed. Its not some mystery revealed only to the True Believers. While we might think we know the answer, its the managers and coaches job to deal with it and put it right. I may know a bit about football, but I confess, CW probably has me beat.

I think we've got a great thing with Chris, but he is not immune from criticism. Of course we'll cut him some slack because of what he has achieved here so far, but I hope he and Alan have learned from this season, as next year we are going to have to be smarter and more consistent at both ends of the pitch. UTB

Very true FKB - the strange thing about this board is that in January everybody seemed very happy with the amount of money spent and the purchases made, as well as the fact that we had not sold Brookes. Opinions seemed to have changed seemlessly - which of course is possible on here.

I am very happy with our season, but still struggle with the fact that our manager only wants a squad of British/Irish players - I think that is a real problem. Why would we rule out foreign players and how many young starlets are we going to ignore just because their face doesn't fit our manager's mould. In this day and age it just seems wrong to me.

That is a problem to me...more than the amount of money being spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    I am very happy with our season, but still struggle with the fact that our manager only wants a squad of British/Irish players - I think that is a real problem. Why would we rule out foreign players and how many young starlets are we going to ignore just because their face doesn't fit our manager's mould. In this day and age it just seems wrong to me.

That is a problem to me...more than the amount of money being spent.
    While I'm not drawing any conclusions or suggesting any bias, we also have a noticably 'white' squad.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Other than me that thinks we've done well this season,whether we mek the play offs(Highly unlikely) or not? Cos all we seem to get is negativety on here.I've enjoyed this season in the main,yes after the wonderful start we had our form's dropped but i still think we've had a good season and played some luvly football.I await the, Your a thick clapper responces wi baited breath.UTCB
    its been a very good season pal,no matter what anyone says. ive enjoyed every bit of it.well almost every bit

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    While I'm not drawing any conclusions or suggesting any bias, we also have a noticably 'white' squad.
    We do, but not entirely - CW and AK are bright guys though - so that's why I find it so surprising that they rule out so many options for us because of nationality - its bizarre.

Great posts Gray,Tomy and Blocky.

if chris wants to go the british irish way i have no problem with that sort of thinking however i do agree with monte to a certain extent think we have to keep an open mind on foreign players dont think a couple would do a lot of damage to team spirit

Wilder 7 out of 10, McCabe and the Prince 2 out of 10.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast