+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Whats App Gold Scam

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Nice balanced link there, animal. Do you use that site a lot? What has 'putting money in charge of social policy' got to do with the allegations against Cambridge Analytica?

I should imagine that your step daughter was, like every other user, not asked to pay to use Facebook. Of course the young lack the sophistication, or perhaps it should be the cynicism, that comes with the passage of time, but isn't it insulting for you to suggest that they couldn't ask themselves how their 'free lunch' was being paid for?

Facebook users give the company two things - time and data. Why shouldn't they at least wonder how the company is turning that into money?

The controversy arises out of the opacity of the use of the data. I suspect that many users worked out that their data was being used to target them with advertising, but not many realised that it was used to target them with political messages.

For all the fuss, I question whether either type of targeting achieved very much. There is certainly evidence to suggest that advertising on FB achieves very little.

I'm fascinated by your knowledge of Labour's digital operation. It's about time someone lifted the lid. Are you categorically stating that they do not use mined data to target social media users? How can you do that?

If God didn't want them sheared he wouldn't have made them sheep eh Kerr? Calvera

It's a good quote, Exile.

The thing is that sheep can't help being sheep - it's in their genes. People can't help being people for the same reason, but within that constraint, have the capacity to choose their behavior and attitudes.

Perhaps we should teach our kids that there's no such thing as a free lunch and remind ourselves at times?

Good quote but do you know from where?
    Take enough time to Google it then pretend you knew

Remind ourselves, what when we've got you to do it

Have you got any kids Kerr?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 19-04-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Corporates regularly get free lunches. Free fo them but us mugs end up paying at the end of the line through whatever route.

By the way Kerr, did all your chickens survive their shameful neglect when you went on holiday ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Corporates regularly get free lunches. Free fo them but us mugs end up paying at the end of the line through whatever route.

By the way Kerr, did all your chickens survive their shameful neglect when you went on holiday ?
    That's spot on SB & fits in very well to Kerrs' mantra of there not being any such thing as a free lunch & not the only thing they get free either

@ kerr

The information regarding the Labour Party and Momentum's use of social media is out there and available to research during the last election campaign .

They targeted potential voters on facebook with total clarity , instead of knocking on doors they used the tech available instead ,

Just the modern way of canvassing and pushing leaflets through your letterbox .

Momentum's apps are generally used in house to share information within the group .

Lift the lid off what kerr ?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    It's a good quote, Exile.

The thing is that sheep can't help being sheep - it's in their genes. People can't help being people for the same reason, but within that constraint, have the capacity to choose their behavior and attitudes.

Perhaps we should teach our kids that there's no such thing as a free lunch and remind ourselves at times?
    Did you remind yourself of that when you most likely received a free further education ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Good quote but do you know from where?
    Take enough time to Google it then pretend you knew

Remind ourselves, what when we've got you to do it

Have you got any kids Kerr?
    Have I got kids?
    Well here's the thing, Exile. I, like everyone else, has a degree of choice about the information that I release about myself onto the internet. Whether I have kids is something that I choose not to share with the world. Were I to answer, I would have to accept that the whole world had access to that information.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Corporates regularly get free lunches? There's a sweeping statement rooted in very little evidence if ever I've seen one.

There are people from all areas of society that look for a free lunch. It's called human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    @ kerr

The information regarding the Labour Party and Momentum's use of social media is out there and available to research during the last election campaign .

They targeted potential voters on facebook with total clarity , instead of knocking on doors they used the tech available instead ,

Just the modern way of canvassing and pushing leaflets through your letterbox .

Momentum's apps are generally used in house to share information within the group .

Lift the lid off what kerr ?
    I know that they targeted voters, just as Trump did. The question that I asked you was where the data came from that allowed them to do it with ‘perfect clarity’. Or are you saying that the perfect clarity was accidental?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast