+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: O/T Whats App Gold Scam

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The cost of all these free lunches, hotels, golf days, corporate tickets etc are all paid for by adding a few pence here and there to the prices Ordinary Joe pays (multiplied by thousands/millions of Ordinary Joes ) for the particular product/service.
    I wouldn't be surprised if some had free Club Wembley type seats at our two games at Wembley as a Jolly to build relationships.
    I ed 4 int top class Corinthian Suite at Wembley fo Semi final ageeunst Cardiff , smook that you'd all du same if genna chance , so geeor wi pillock

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Is Raley's the firm that the NUM touted to its members in a deal that saw them receive a cut of the compensation?

An utterly shameful business all round.
    Are you sure you've not got that mixed up with the legal profession's scandal that occurred out of miners compensation claims .

A number of solicitors deducted fees from claimants when they had already received the fee under the government scheme .

£3.6m was recovered from these inappropriate deductions by law firms , a number of solicitors made some hefty fees and were subsequently struck off .

An utterly shameful business all round .

Yes. That's the one, but don't worry, the NUM got their cut too:

https://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.u...itmen-1-615040

If there's a trough there'll be a snout in it.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 22-04-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I ed 4 int top class Corinthian Suite at Wembley fo Semi final ageeunst Cardiff , smook that you'd all du same if genna chance , so geeor wi pillock

Yes Roma but what did you have to do in return
    If nowt then no problem

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Ah… I see the problem. You would have preferred me to have asked a different question.

Of course I keep adding in the words ‘in which you expressed an opinion’. That was the question that I asked at the outset and to which you answered ‘I did’. Or are you denying that too? I can pop up a link if you’d like? Simply because you now find it inconvenient that I asked you why you didn’t start a thread in which you expressed an opinion has nothing to do with semantics.

Let’s start again (with the same question – read it carefully and check). If you wanted to talk about Analytica, why didn’t you just start a thread in which you expressed an opinion?

Yes let's start again
    O/T Analyitica [Kerr to open debate]
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-04-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    I agree Exile, they are. But they're also a means of getting to know the company and people you're dealing with. You may well choose not to deal with them afterwards, that applies to both customers and suppliers.
    I've chosen many times not to pursue a company's business after getting to know their directors/set up a little better. It does actually work both ways you know.

As for the effect on the price "Joe Bloggs" pays, it's a cost to the business like any other. So of course it's passed on. Why wouldn't it be.

You can always keep it on a business footing & invite your potential business partners to your offices or they invite you to theirs, any thing else as much as you would like us to believe otherwise, is nothing more than inducements

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You can always keep it on a business footing & invite your potential business partners to your offices or they invite you to theirs, any thing else as much as you would like us to believe otherwise, is nothing more than inducements
    I'm not asking you to believe anything, I'm telling you how it is from my experience of it. What you choose to believe is up to you of course

Think I've already mentioned that getting folk away from a formal office environment is a better way to get to know them personally.
    I feel like I'm going around in circles with you again Exile.

Where for example is the inducement as you put it in me inviting a supplier out to lunch ? My intention being to get to know him a little better and therefore assess whether he's a suitable supplier from one of a number of different angles ?

It's the same as when we select our graduate recruits,we put them in a hotel for 3 days of interviews, exercises and presentations. but the assessing carries on (unbeknown to them) at dinner and in the bar afterwards. You can tell a lot about a person once they think they're off duty. Corporate hospitality is often used in the same way.

I'm not asking you to believe anything, I'm telling you how it is from my experience of it. What you choose to believe is up to you of course

Think I've already mentioned that getting folk away from a formal office environment is a better way to get to know them personally.

Where for example is the inducement as you put it in me inviting a supplier out to lunch ? My intention being to get to know him a little better and therefore assess whether he's a suitable supplier from one of a number of different angles ?

It's the same as when we select our graduate recruits,we put them in a hotel for 3 days of interviews, exercises and presentations. but the assessing carries on (unbeknown to them) at dinner and in the bar afterwards. You can tell a lot about a person once they think they're off duty. Corporate hospitality is often used in the same way.

No inducement at all when you invite a supplier as you are not trying to sell your wares
    I'm sure you can see the difference
    It's when the supplier invites you out to lunch or Old Trafford or a society golf day etc
    & likewise I am telling you from my experience of it
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-04-2018 at 09:34 PM.

In other news , my company's managers are scrutinised by the lads on the shop floor .

We do 3 monthly questionnaires and are asked to rate their performance .

Seen as our ability to do the job efficiently and effectively is down to how we are managed it seems pretty reasonable for us to have a large say in their future career prospects rather than their performance off duty proping up a bar .

It may explain why the company continues to be successful well over a hundred years since it was founded , although it's had it's problems as many big businesses do .

We put our freebies up for raffle or invite those who’d be interested..... well the sh it ones anyway

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast