+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chesterfield in a Sweat

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Its Ashley Carson, late of the rusty bucket who is catching hell for Chessies situation. Dave owns the club but isn't on the board. He's taken his ball home over the shenanigans two years ago. (now, there was a boardroom battle...)
    Yes Carson is the current incumbent FKB but I think most Chessy fans lay the blame at Davey boy for starting the decline, Carson is Chessy’s very own Strappy.

Lost to Exeter.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    There was a time not so long ago that i would not relish playing them because they would invariably turn us over.

Now their league status is hanging by a thread,hope they manage to avoid the trap door into non-league oblivion.

But if they do go down,they can always do a Doncaster and come back stronger but its not a certainty.

It's certainly isn't a certainty it's much harder to get back these days the league is littered with bigger clubs than chezzy who have tried and are still trying in fact a fair few have fallen further,Torquay are currently stood over the trap door and look like falling through,it wouldn't surprise me if chezzy went the same way as them and York and fell further

There's a Chezzy fan who was a regular Footy heaven foner/moaner called Tom,he usually had a dig at the BLADES sayin we'd never be a big club again(When have we ever been a big club)Well he was on last neet and whilst i've no particular feelings towards Chezzy as i said earlier, i did smile at this chuff soundin so down.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    It's certainly isn't a certainty it's much harder to get back these days the league is littered with bigger clubs than chezzy who have tried and are still trying in fact a fair few have fallen further,Torquay are currently stood over the trap door and look like falling through,it wouldn't surprise me if chezzy went the same way as them and York and fell further
    Chester are heading for the wilderness of National League North too. I just took a look and the list of familiar names at that level is surprising. All former league clubs in my lifetime...Kidderminster, Stockport, York, Bradford PA, Boston, Darlington, Southport, and in NL South, no former FL teams. Another North/South divide...?

I did it last week FKB and noticed the same although I suspect Torquay may start in that division next yr

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Chester are heading for the wilderness of National League North too. I just took a look and the list of familiar names at that level is surprising. All former league clubs in my lifetime...Kidderminster, Stockport, York, Bradford PA, Boston, Darlington, Southport, and in NL South, no former FL teams. Another North/South divide...?
    A member of my family plays for Gainsborough Trinity, he left Boston in January and was released by the Pork at 20.

He can’t believe how good the quality is in NLN and the number as ex league players in there.

I suppose it's the knock on effect of all the foreigners in the top league gray the rest filter down the leagues improving them,the downside is we have less homegrown player playing at the top level which shows up in the national team

This exactly ^^^

Well done Exeter last night

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast