+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chesterfield in a Sweat

Chesterfield in a Sweat

There was a time not so long ago that i would not relish playing them because they would invariably turn us over.

Now their league status is hanging by a thread,hope they manage to avoid the trap door into non-league oblivion.

But if they do go down,they can always do a Doncaster and come back stronger but its not a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    There was a time not so long ago that i would not relish playing them because they would invariably turn us over.

Now their league status is hanging by a thread,hope they manage to avoid the trap door into non-league oblivion.

But if they do go down,they can always do a Doncaster and come back stronger but its not a certainty.
    Was chatting with a mate of mine this very morning about them (he's a mad Spireite), and he reckons it was all over at Christmas. Its pretty sad really, they won promotion and at Wembley only four years ago, and now its just a big mess. Jack Lester was brought in as a 'popular' choice, but the damage was already done, and he hasn't been able to make a difference. Lots of decent League teams in the NL nowadays, like Orient, Tranmere, Hartlepool, Wrexham. It won't be easy to get back up again, but I wish them well.

Get them down and hope they stay down,will never forgive them for doing the double over us in our 88/89 promotion season,the dirty basterds,and that little **** Alan Birch.

Come on the Exeter tonight

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Get them down and hope they stay down,will never forgive them for doing the double over us in our 88/89 promotion season,the dirty basterds,and that little **** Alan Birch.

Come on the Exeter tonight
    I want Exeter to win but only cos i've had em on mi Acca bet,i neither like or dislike Chezzy.UTCB

When they played us under Paul Cook and both clubs finished in the play offs, they had some decent players and they passed the ball pretty well. Game ended 1-1 draw and we played Swindon in the POs and they played Preston (who were favourites to go up, and did do)

Their line-up that day included : Morsey Clucas, Darikwa and O'Shea.

All sold and now relying on loanees, kids and a certain Chris O'Grady.

On the brink of non-league oblivion.

I remember the Old Saltergate Ground, we always used to take thousands of ticketless pay on the gate fans who went on their end because the away end was packed solid,

Games included a league cup 1st round game when Ernie Moss scored the winner for them, A great servant he was to Chezzy and a player of his ability back then wouldn't look out of place today in the Championship.

There was also the game, I think it was new years day when Mike Watterson was our chairman and we had Viv Busby up front and I think they turned us over that day too.

Best memory though was when we played them in an Anglo - Scottish Cup pre season tournament on a Summers night which was remembered for an old Blade called DINKY who decided from the terracing that the blades front 2 needed some assistance literally.

On to the pitch jumped Dinky and he even nodded on a goal kick to the winger for the Blades at the time,

The game actually carried on for a few seconds though this seemed like an age until the Chezzy back 4 realised the difference between a Blades shirt and Dinky's blue and green Sergio Tacchini.

This then introduced 2 gentlemen from the local constabulary who duly dragged Dinky off the pitch, one on each arm,

I will never forget the resistance Dinky put up as the Coppers dragged him off and throughout the rest of the game you could see Dinky's legacy of 2 parallel tractor type marks on the Saltergate Pitch from the penalty spot to the toucline.

Great Memories - Whatever happened to old Dinky ? - Similar looking to Jesus Christ he was !!

UTB
    Last edited by Currieisgod; 17-04-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    I remember the Old Saltergate Ground, we always used to take thousands of ticketless pay on the gate fans who went on their end because the away end was packed solid,

Games included a league cup 1st round game when Ernie Moss scored the winner for them, A great servant he was to Chezzy and a player of his ability back then wouldn't look out of place today in the Championship.

There was also the game, I think it was new years day when Mike Watterson was our chairman and we had Viv Busby up front and I think they turned us over that day too.

Best memory though was when we played them in an Anglo - Scottish Cup pre season tournament on a Summers night which was remembered for an old Blade called DINKY who decided from the terracing that the blades front 2 needed some assistance literally.

On to the pitch jumped Dinky and he even nodded on a goal kick to the winger for the Blades at the time,

The game actually carried on for a few seconds though this seemed like an age until the Chezzy back 4 realised the difference between a Blades shirt and Dinky's blue and green Sergio Tacchini.

This then introduced 2 gentlemen from the local constabulary who duly dragged Dinky off the pitch, one on each arm,

I will never forget the resistance Dinky put up as the Coppers dragged him off and throughout the rest of the game you could see Dinky's legacy of 2 parallel tractor type marks on the Saltergate Pitch from the penalty spot to the toucline.

Great Memories - Whatever happened to old Dinky ? - Similar looking to Jesus Christ he was !!

UTB
    Was one of his party pieces dropping his trolleys in a packed pub?

I’m sure I have seen him either this season or last in one of the pubs near the Lane

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Was one of his party pieces dropping his trolleys in a packed pub?

I’m sure I have seen him either this season or last in one of the pubs near the Lane
    Was it a request from thee for the fella to drop his trolleys?Was it a pub or a supermarket? I aint heard owt from Marvin for awhile is he on holiday? UTCB

Sad times for the tarn. I know a lot a decent Chessy fans...unlike those who say they support ManU to make them look good but really look like pillocks.

Pigeon Dave works his majic again eh?Some people just are cut out to run a football club.

(Stands back, rolls eyes and whistles)

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Sad times for the tarn. I know a lot a decent Chessy fans...unlike those who say they support ManU to make them look good but really look like pillocks.

Pigeon Dave works his majic again eh?Some people just are cut out to run a football club.

(Stands back, rolls eyes and whistles)
    Its Ashley Carson, late of the rusty bucket who is catching hell for Chessies situation. Dave owns the club but isn't on the board. He's taken his ball home over the shenanigans two years ago. (now, there was a boardroom battle...)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast