+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chesterfield in a Sweat

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    A member of my family plays for Gainsborough Trinity, he left Boston in January and was released by the Pork at 20.

He can’t believe how good the quality is in NLN and the number as ex league players in there.
    Living down here in Cornwall,I only get to see the Blades once a year. I get my footy fix by also supporting Truro City who are currently in the playoff places in the National League South. You're absolutely right about the high standard at that level. I find it really great to see these old pros playing within 2 metres of where I'm standing and listening to them encouraging the youngsters who have been released from Plymouth and Exeter. Truro have a cracking young keeper who was released by Argyle 3 years ago and surely should be playing at a higher level.

I can but dream but if Truro do get promoted to the National League, we will be playing Chesterfield next season. Even if we don't make it, we will have a local derby against Torquay. That will only be 60 miles down the road whereas our current "local" derby is Weston Super Mare a mere 140 miles!!

Quote Originally Posted by cornishcrabberblade View Post
    Living down here in Cornwall,I only get to see the Blades once a year. I get my footy fix by also supporting Truro City who are currently in the playoff places in the National League South. You're absolutely right about the high standard at that level. I find it really great to see these old pros playing within 2 metres of where I'm standing and listening to them encouraging the youngsters who have been released from Plymouth and Exeter. Truro have a cracking young keeper who was released by Argyle 3 years ago and surely should be playing at a higher level.

I can but dream but if Truro do get promoted to the National League, we will be playing Chesterfield next season. Even if we don't make it, we will have a local derby against Torquay. That will only be 60 miles down the road whereas our current "local" derby is Weston Super Mare a mere 140 miles!!
    I’ll be looking out for your lads CCB and hoping that they make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    I remember the Old Saltergate Ground, we always used to take thousands of ticketless pay on the gate fans who went on their end because the away end was packed solid,

Games included a league cup 1st round game when Ernie Moss scored the winner for them, A great servant he was to Chezzy and a player of his ability back then wouldn't look out of place today in the Championship.

There was also the game, I think it was new years day when Mike Watterson was our chairman and we had Viv Busby up front and I think they turned us over that day too.

Best memory though was when we played them in an Anglo - Scottish Cup pre season tournament on a Summers night which was remembered for an old Blade called DINKY who decided from the terracing that the blades front 2 needed some assistance literally.

On to the pitch jumped Dinky and he even nodded on a goal kick to the winger for the Blades at the time,

The game actually carried on for a few seconds though this seemed like an age until the Chezzy back 4 realised the difference between a Blades shirt and Dinky's blue and green Sergio Tacchini.

This then introduced 2 gentlemen from the local constabulary who duly dragged Dinky off the pitch, one on each arm,

I will never forget the resistance Dinky put up as the Coppers dragged him off and throughout the rest of the game you could see Dinky's legacy of 2 parallel tractor type marks on the Saltergate Pitch from the penalty spot to the toucline.

Great Memories - Whatever happened to old Dinky ? - Similar looking to Jesus Christ he was !!

UTB
    Dinky Dawson. Character

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Its Ashley Carson, late of the rusty bucket who is catching hell for Chessies situation. Dave owns the club but isn't on the board. He's taken his ball home over the shenanigans two years ago. (now, there was a boardroom battle...)
    Ashley Carson, Pig fan, believed to be Grey Haired Owl, scourge of the Straffordistas.

Isn't Dave Allen still the one keeping the club afloat?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123