+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln v Wycombe tonight

It's irrelevant to the County other than determining who they might be pitted against for the play-offs. So there ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    We can't worry about teams below us (regardless of games in hand) now, only catching Wycombe so a Lincoln win is a must.
    Exeter are only below us on GD, have a game in hand are in good form and have potentially the easiest run in. It's not just about Wycombe.

I'm going to drive over to attend this one, hoping for a draw or Lincoln win. For autos we need to win all of ours and hope Wycombe W1 D2 L1 for 5 pts out of 12 and we'll have it on goal difference

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Dear Tarkers.
    How do you get the wobbly "dash" symbol as in play(wobbly dash)offs? All I can get is a - .
    Mexican keyboard....that is why I appear, to everyone else, to have forgotten to use apostrophes, the Mexicans do not use them

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Haven't you got one above your hashtag key? It's a symbol that is apparently called a 'Tilde', and it means approximately, so it's use in play~offs doesn't really make sense. You learn something new every day!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilde
    For the second time everybody.....I am using an old Compaq pc and keyboard donated by Miriam....remember I got slagged off mercilessly for my "dreadful, dreadful game" thread?....someone said it was tipping it down with rain and I could not even see it on iFollow on my tiny laptop?...she gave me this because it had a bigger screen BUT the keyboard is a Mexican layout AND the symbols are not where they appear to show
    ie if I press hashtag I get £.......if I press left bracket I get @.....if I press right bracket I get ~.....it does show a normal hyphen but it gives me /.....and the underscore comes up as ?.......it is a nightmare, but I have memorised just enough "hidden" symbols to get me through most conversations on here.....without upsetting the grammar nazis

So yes Elite, I fully understand that bell~end does not really make much sense with a tilde, but is the closest approximation I could find.

edit....I have just found the ----------- button, it is "hidden" under the question mark, backslash button after the zero.....now I need to memorise it-----------, I also found the ======= button, it was the "upside down question mark" that certain countries use....I am on a roll

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'm going to drive over to attend this one, hoping for a draw or Lincoln win. For autos we need to win all of ours and hope Wycombe W1 D2 L1 for 5 pts out of 12 and we'll have it on goal difference
    Actually when you spell it out like that it looks even more doable, I'm feeling even more confident now, nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    For the second time everybody.....I am using an old Compaq pc and keyboard donated by Miriam....remember I got slagged off mercilessly for my "dreadful, dreadful game" thread?....someone said it was tipping it down with rain and I could not even see it on iFollow on my tiny laptop?...she gave me this because it had a bigger screen BUT the keyboard is a Mexican layout AND the symbols are not where they appear to show
    ie if I press hashtag I get £.......if I press left bracket I get @.....if I press right bracket I get ~.....it does show a normal hyphen but it gives me /.....and the underscore comes up as ?.......it is a nightmare, but I have memorised just enough "hidden" symbols to get me through most conversations on here.....without upsetting the grammar nazis

So yes Elite, I fully understand that bell~end does not really make much sense with a tilde, but is the closest approximation I could find.

edit....I have just found the ----------- button, it is "hidden" under the question mark, backslash button after the zero.....now I need to memorise it-----------, I also found the ======= button, it was the "upside down question mark" that certain countries use....I am on a roll
    You know must more than I do about keyboards and stuff and have probably tried this but some laptops' keyboards are configured for the US usage. Somewhere on your computer there should be an access in it's settings to the keyboard settings, there is on mine and it was set for the US, an option to change to UK was shown, that's what I did and ~ MANGE TOUT! Rodney.

'm typng ths sng my kybrd tht hs n wrkng vwl kys. Bt sn't t mzng y cn stll rd wht 'm wrtng?

Aslo it is pssilobe to wirte aytnhnig in any odrer but as lnog as you keep the frsit and lsat ltetres of a wrod you can siltl raed it!

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    You know must more than I do about keyboards and stuff and have probably tried this but some laptops' keyboards are configured for the US usage. Somewhere on your computer there should be an access in it's settings to the keyboard settings, there is on mine and it was set for the US, an option to change to UK was shown, that's what I did and ~ MANGE TOUT! Rodney.
    You may be right.....the computer was is Spanish-Mexican when she gave it to me and I changed it to English in the SETTINGS, plus I updated it to Windows 10....I never bothered with the keyboard because it is a Mexican-Spanish keyboard anyway with many symbols that we do not use....ie the upside-down question mark at the beginning to indicate that you are starting a question, the upside-down exclamation mark, the "emphasis" symbol that turns an "o" into a "yo" sound etc etc

What I think may have happened is that the computer, now in English, has tried to reset the keyboard to English and scrambled all the punctuation symbols....it is not really a problem as I have memorised the £, @, ?, and today, found the - and = signs

edit - I hit every symbol until I found the apostrophe, ', sign.....it was actually the "pointy bracket" symbol....now I have to memorise the 3 new symbols...not easy when I've had my daily 8 pints by 7pm!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast