+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln v Wycombe tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Slags have blown it, Exeter will get 3rd.
    Stags have Port Vale, Yeovil, Crawley

In conclusion:

We need a max of 4 more points out of 9 to guarantee a play-off spot

Looks like we may need all 9 to mathematically guarantee 4th or 5th - which I personally think offers a massive advantage to us of playing at home in the second leg - especially given how we set-up and how strong we have been at home all season.

9 also gives us a remote chance at 3rd but certainly after last nights Exeter result this chance has faded.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Stags have Port Vale, Yeovil, Crawley
    They still have a lot of work to do, one point behind Lincoln and Coventry and they both have a game in hand.

also, Vale, Yeovil and Crawley are probably about a perfect match for them considering current form.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    In conclusion:

We need a max of 4 more points out of 9 to guarantee a play-off spot

Looks like we may need all 9 to mathematically guarantee 4th or 5th - which I personally think offers a massive advantage to us of playing at home in the second leg - especially given how we set-up and how strong we have been at home all season.

9 also gives us a remote chance at 3rd but certainly after last nights Exeter result this chance has faded.
    7 points will guarantee us 5th place due to our GD assuming it doesn't get any worse.

If we get 7 points our goal difference can’t get any worse.

7 points will guarantee us 5th place due to our GD assuming it doesn't get any worse.
    7 points would guarantee that our goal difference couldn't get any worse

It doesn't guarantee anything. Lincoln could win all matches and dish out the occasional good hiding, it's unlikely but it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Well done for making the trip Chubs, the AntiClough as well......you called it correctly......5 points adrift of Wycombe now.....no chance methinks
    Not so tarqs, I got as far as the M1 and thought screw it and went to Sheffield instead for a 'superfood burrito' and to shop for birthday presents.

A draw was a good result. Still hoping for autos, we need slips from Wycombe (W1 D1 L1) and Exeter (W2 L1 or W1 D2).
    The play-offs will be tough. I think we're capable of beating anyone, but if all the contenders play to their best I doubt it will be us going up. Any slight drop-off from them and we'll be there to beat them. Nobody will relish facing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe, but I think the fact they still need 2 wins from their last 4 games to ensure they go up as Champions will keep them motivated.
    Fingers crossed!

Oh, thanks everyone for pointing out my obvious blunder regarding goal difference. TBH I meant so long as the gap doesn’t get any worse, I’ll try to be clearer in future

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast