+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln v Wycombe tonight

I honestly think it is the play-offs now......Nolo needs to sit down and try to work out a strategy......who do we want in the early rounds?....Exeter we beat comfortably at their place, Covo smashed us at the Ricoh and only a Forte brace won it at ours, no thanks, Mansfield give me nightmares at the thought of all the Facebook jibes if we do not even make the Wembley final....for me it is either Exeter or Wycombe in the first round please, Mansfield, Lincoln or Covo in the final......Covo would take 35 to 40,000, we will take 20-25,000 and I fancy our chances against Covo in a one-off game in front of a huge crowd

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Looking odds on that it'll be a semi-final against either Lincoln or Coventry. Think either would be very tight/hard fought.

Still not worth totally giving up on third, anyway. If we can beat Yeovil and Grimsby then we only need Wycombe to drop points in one of their two games to take it to the last day, when pressure can really have an impact and you never know what might happen.

I've seen pretty two pretty dreadful Notts sides go away to teams who needed a win for promotion right at the end of the season and win in the last decade or so (one at Wycombe, one at Doncaster), no reason why someone else can't do the same.
    Yeah nothing to choose between Coventry and Lincoln really. Don’t think it matters who we get, need the same outcome regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I honestly think it is the play-offs now......Nolo needs to sit down and try to work out a strategy......who do we want in the early rounds?....Exeter we beat comfortably at their place, Covo smashed us at the Ricoh and only a Forte brace won it at ours, no thanks, Mansfield give me nightmares at the thought of all the Facebook jibes if we do not even make the Wembley final....for me it is either Exeter or Wycombe in the first round please, Mansfield, Lincoln or Covo in the final......Covo would take 35 to 40,000, we will take 20-25,000 and I fancy our chances against Covo in a one-off game in front of a huge crowd
    Slags have blown it, Exeter will get 3rd.

Not sure you can read much into getting smashed at Coventry on the opening day, we basically got ripped apart by one player (that Jodi Jones) who is out injured for the season anyway.

Think it's unlikely we'd play Exeter or Wycombe in the semi finals as well - would realistically need both Lincoln and Coventry to overtake us which is a push as their game in hand is against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Not sure you can read much into getting smashed at Coventry on the opening day, we basically got ripped apart by one player (that Jodi Jones) who is out injured for the season anyway.

Think it's unlikely we'd play Exeter or Wycombe in the semi finals as well - would realistically need both Lincoln and Coventry to overtake us which is a push as their game in hand is against each other.
    Exactly my point, we need to rest a few players at some point.....play flat out v Yeovil in case Exeter and Wycombe lose, after that rest Shola and Forte, possibly Grant and maybe slip a few places to 7th....I know it is dodgy, but we might end up with an easier play-off spot?....I need to look at the table again after Saturday...I know that we will beat Exeter or Wycombe over 2 legs

Disclaimer....Tarkers might be talking bo££ocks....too much ale...yum yum

I don't think we need to worry about Mansfield making the play~offs now, they are one point behind Cov and Lincoln who each have a game in hand on them. I've not checked who has yet to play who but I'm thinking the table as is stands now will be the same after the 46th game and we will play Lincoln, no easy games of course but that looks the most winnable.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I don't think we need to worry about Mansfield making the play~offs now, they are one point behind Cov and Lincoln who each have a game in hand on them. I've not checked who has yet to play who but I'm thinking the table as is stands now will be the same after the 46th game and we will play Lincoln, no easy games of course but that looks the most winnable.
    I might be talking rubbish......but I would rather be 7th playing Exeter or Wycombe in the play-offs......Covo or Lincoln in the final at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    With Stanley getting promoted tonight it will be a case of ‘after the Lord Mayors show’ for them on Saturday which unfortunately means they will lose to Wycombe.
    Maybe, but I think the fact they still need 2 wins from their last 4 games to ensure they go up as Champions will keep them motivated.

I might be talking rubbish......but I would rather be 7th playing Exeter or Wycombe in the play-offs......Covo or Lincoln in the final at Wembley
    errrrrr....just realised, if we beat Covo or Lincoln in the first round over 2 legs, we should piss the final!!....6th beer, alternative thinking.

4th & 5th play away 1st leg.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast