+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Alfie Evans

OT: Alfie Evans

Another sad case of the result of keeping someone artificially alive.

I cannot agree with the father's continued challenging of the experts. There comes a point when if there is a full consensus amongst the medical profession, not just one doctor's opinion, then there needs to be an acceptance that their view is valid.

However, having said all that I cannot see why the law should block the move to Rome if it is not done on public funds. If the parents take him, against local advice, and the child dies on the way, or in the new hospital, then they are no worse off than pulling the plug on him now.

Agree AE.
    It is very sad, but a classic case of parents who won't accept the inevitable. The poor kid has been described as "vegetative". If that is so, then he's just an empty shell, kept alive.
    Let them take him and I hope everyone is wrong and the poor buggar gets a miracle.
    I doubt they will, but closure will come of it.
    I'd rather see a shrine for this kid, than some thievin pikey low life.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Agree AE.
    It is very sad, but a classic case of parents who won't accept the inevitable. The poor kid has been described as "vegetative". If that is so, then he's just an empty shell, kept alive.
    Let them take him and I hope everyone is wrong and the poor buggar gets a miracle.
    I doubt they will, but closure will come of it.
    I'd rather see a shrine for this kid, than some thievin pikey low life.
    my son was glassed at a Burnley v forest game we were told there was no chance is brain would servive the night and function properly again there is no way I would have put him through what this father is doing. Its selfish

So the parents know better than the medical experts. Who are they thinking about in all this certainly not Alfie

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    So the parents know better than the medical experts. Who are they thinking about in all this certainly not Alfie
    I don't believe thinking comes into it S.
    They obviously love their son and can't bear to believe hope has gone.
    As I said, very sad and when it is this deep.Will hurt for a long time.
    They really need to grieve. They could be in the McCanns situation, they can't grieve, but probably know Maddie is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Oh it’s so easy when it’s not your child.
    I honestly think in that situation I would follow medical advice but I can’t even comprehend what an awful decision that is to make.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Oh it’s so easy when it’s not your child.
    I honestly think in that situation I would follow medical advice but I can’t even comprehend what an awful decision that is to make.
    I'm glad It's not me in that situation, and how hard it must be to let go for the parents, but they've exhausted all avenues, and done their best in what they believe in, for their son.