+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United v Barnsley April 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If you had to mingle with them again, can you all do a Leeds accent ?.
    Well back in 98 and following our 2-1 PL defeat we walked back into Leeds city centre with all their fans , you walk at the side of the river aire for a bit , quite scenic to be honest .

Had a few jars in The Scarborough near the train station and jumped on a train about 7pm .

Anyway we decided to get off at Wakefield and have a few there before going back to tarn , what followed was unbelievable .

We are walking up from Kirkgate Station and got near to the Ridings Centre , all the traffic stopped and there must have bin 40 or 50 Leeds and Barnsley lads having a right ding dong in the middle of the road , I've seen plenty of this stuff before but this was summat else .

Couldn't believe what I was seeing because it must have bin 7.30 pm by this time and we weren't even in Leeds or Barnsley .

We just stood and watched from a safe distance of course before nipping into the nearest boozer .

I can remember reading in the Yorkshire Post a few months later plenty got nicked for it , banning orders galore and a few did time I believe .

Proper mad that .

I seem to remember after that win at Leeds, we drew 2-2 with fellow strugglers West Brom (that meant we didnt get revenge for our 7-0 loss there that season), and then the 0-1 win at fellow strugglers Middlesbrough clinched our safety. It didnt really matter in the last match, yet another predicable loss for us away at Portsmouth.
    Mel Machin worked wonders throughout 1990, where did it all go wrong eh.

Easy answer to that acido THE PLAN

The 'Plan' as far back as that eh Ali, well its an interesting thought.
    Yes I agree we have always been a selling club but its just getting or rather has got ridiculous now how much we do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Easy answer to that acido THE PLAN
    It was all going so well before the plan as well

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It was all going so well before the plan as well
    We've still ended up at exactly the same place as we did before the plan .

The only difference is people have left the club in various capacities and circumstances a dam sight richer than when they arrived .

The fans are still seeing a club struggling to win football games .

That's capitalism for you , to enable some people to attain wealth means some other people have to remain poor .

That said the only profit to be made from some of the current crop would be to bin them and get them off the wage bill .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well back in 98 and following our 2-1 PL defeat we walked back into Leeds city centre with all their fans , you walk at the side of the river aire for a bit , quite scenic to be honest .

Had a few jars in The Scarborough near the train station and jumped on a train about 7pm .

Anyway we decided to get off at Wakefield and have a few there before going back to tarn , what followed was unbelievable .

We are walking up from Kirkgate Station and got near to the Ridings Centre , all the traffic stopped and there must have bin 40 or 50 Leeds and Barnsley lads having a right ding dong in the middle of the road , I've seen plenty of this stuff before but this was summat else .

Couldn't believe what I was seeing because it must have bin 7.30 pm by this time and we weren't even in Leeds or Barnsley .

We just stood and watched from a safe distance of course before nipping into the nearest boozer .

I can remember reading in the Yorkshire Post a few months later plenty got nicked for it , banning orders galore and a few did time I believe .

Proper mad that .
    That was an interesting day

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    That was an interesting day
    It certainly was
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 18-04-2018 at 04:52 AM.

I reckon there'll be some trouble this weekend anall. More at stake

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I reckon there'll be some trouble this weekend anall. More at stake
    It’ll be nothing like that day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast