+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mick McCarthy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mick McCarthy

Evens to be next manager - Paddy Power, Skybet & Bet365 all suspended betting on him

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...manent-manager

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...arthy-14534326

Hope this is a case of everyone getting over excited about rumours.

i certainly don't want him at Leeds. he took Wolves up and they were **ite, and were so bad that they went down two divisions.
    Ipswich fans have been clamouring to get him out because of style play. To be fair to MM, he's over achieved, in terms of results at Ipswich, but who looks forward to an entertaining game against his sides?

Also, there are good signs with the U23's and U18's. I don't think MM with his old style of play is the best person to bring these guys through.

If he comes he comes and I'll back him.

Surely though, Leeds needs to back Hecky to the point of seeing what he does in the close season and in next January's transfer window?

He is a motivator of youth and I hope and believe he can add so much to the club by the way he can nurture our U23s. Let him at least have a chance to build his team rather than takeover TC's build. It's only my opinion but what chance has he had since he arrived? Our unavailable list is bigger than some club's total squad. He's had no chance to prove himself.

He will give our youngsters a chance. Look at BPF, who has made the No.1 shirt his own. He will be a class keeper imo and well done to Hecky for having the confidence to first play him and then stick with him. We have other good youngsters and Hecky will bring them through to the first team after creating a transition process with the U23s to the 1st team. At the present time he is having to chuck em in as he has few options available to him.

I still believe Hecky has talent and could be the right manager for Leeds Utd but we have to give him a fair crack of the whip. Vultures circling him at the present time and with all he has had to deal with in terms of suspensions and injuries is just unfair.

Let's see him have the time to create his own squad and allow him this time to bring the U23's through in a progressive manner. Let's see who he gets rid of, who he brings in and then how he imposes his style of play on those players. There is no huge pile of money to buy top quality. I would rather be realistic and hope to sign a couple of quality players and integrate them into the squad and then blend in our youngsters. He knows already who should be getting the boot. Give him time, let him do his job ..................................... and let's hope our fantastic supporters can keep behind him.

We can't keep changing for changing's sake.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    If he comes he comes and I'll back him.

Surely though, Leeds needs to back Hecky to the point of seeing what he does in the close season and in next January's transfer window?

He is a motivator of youth and I hope and believe he can add so much to the club by the way he can nurture our U23s. Let him at least have a chance to build his team rather than takeover TC's build. It's only my opinion but what chance has he had since he arrived? Our unavailable list is bigger than some club's total squad. He's had no chance to prove himself.

He will give our youngsters a chance. Look at BPF, who has made the No.1 shirt his own. He will be a class keeper imo and well done to Hecky for having the confidence to first play him and then stick with him. We have other good youngsters and Hecky will bring them through to the first team after creating a transition process with the U23s to the 1st team. At the present time he is having to chuck em in as he has few options available to him.

I still believe Hecky has talent and could be the right manager for Leeds Utd but we have to give him a fair crack of the whip. Vultures circling him at the present time and with all he has had to deal with in terms of suspensions and injuries is just unfair.

Let's see him have the time to create his own squad and allow him this time to bring the U23's through in a progressive manner. Let's see who he gets rid of, who he brings in and then how he imposes his style of play on those players. There is no huge pile of money to buy top quality. I would rather be realistic and hope to sign a couple of quality players and integrate them into the squad and then blend in our youngsters. He knows already who should be getting the boot. Give him time, let him do his job ..................................... and let's hope our fantastic supporters can keep behind him.

We can't keep changing for changing's sake.

MOT
    he as had exactly the same squad that christianson had , his record his 3 wins in thirty odd games including his stint at barnsley prior to coming here . the team as been in total freefall ever since he came here . he cannot motivate players and his tactically clueless . we are the worst team in this league on current form .

the only thing that matters in this game is results , he is not going to get time to build a young side with the kids. many fans cannot understand how he is still here , just on performances alone, he was the wrong choice and a poor and cheap appointment in the first place, having never achieved anything at this level before., and coming from a club who were lower in the table than leeds were at that time.

injuries and suspensions happen at every club , bringing the kids in as been a necessity not his personal choice , the changes have been forced upon him. the lack of quality in the squad is the real problem, not injuries.

after saying all that mccarthy would be totally mad to come here, given the current management structure and lack of funds at the club. the managers job as become a sideshow, when most fans know that it is radrizaani and orta that are running the show .

when heckingbottom is eventually sacked, either before the end of the season, or in the summer, in all probability we will end up with another cheap nobody, from the back of beyond again, who will be clueless and way out of their depth at this level. its the owner that needs changing first, otherwise nothing will change.

Can you get a refund on your Season Ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by philipspark View Post
    Can you get a refund on your Season Ticket?
    No,you will just have to suffer..

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    he as had exactly the same squad that christianson had , his record his 3 wins in thirty odd games including his stint at barnsley prior to coming here . the team as been in total freefall ever since he came here . he cannot motivate players and his tactically clueless . we are the worst team in this league on current form .

the only thing that matters in this game is results , he is not going to get time to build a young side with the kids. many fans cannot understand how he is still here , just on performances alone, he was the wrong choice and a poor and cheap appointment in the first place, having never achieved anything at this level before., and coming from a club who were lower in the table than leeds were at that time.

injuries and suspensions happen at every club , bringing the kids in as been a necessity not his personal choice , the changes have been forced upon him. the lack of quality in the squad is the real problem, not injuries.

after saying all that mccarthy would be totally mad to come here, given the current management structure and lack of funds at the club. the managers job as become a sideshow, when most fans know that it is radrizaani and orta that are running the show .

when heckingbottom is eventually sacked, either before the end of the season, or in the summer, in all probability we will end up with another cheap nobody, from the back of beyond again, who will be clueless and way out of their depth at this level. its the owner that needs changing first, otherwise nothing will change.
    Not sure about the "change of owner" bit, and wish that Heckingbottom had been that "diamond in the rough" that I suspect most were hoping for, but in all other respects I'd agree.

I'd add that Orta should be shown the door at the same time as Heckingbottom goes, (and if he doesn't, then Orta should be sent packing on his own, as he is the architect of our current malaise, from top to bottom, and Radrizzani needs to act accordingly)

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    No,you will just have to suffer..
    Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    Doesn't matter who we have as coaching staff, you can't polish a turd, and that's (collectively), what we have as a first team squad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)