Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Plymouth away tickets now on general sale

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,340

    Plymouth away tickets now on general sale

    Adult: £21

    Senior 65 and over: £16

    Young Adult 18-21: £16

    Under 18: £8

    Under 12: £8

  2. #2
    Make a weekend of it if you can , great city , plenty of hotels and great pubs and restaurants .

    Last visit was around 9 years ago when we needed points to stay up on the final day and a 1pm sunday kick off .

    We travelled down on the saturday morning and got a B&B near the Barbican , cracking weekend and we stayed up and sent Norwich down .

  3. #3
    Do those prices include the flight?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Do those prices include the flight?
    I'd settle for a bottle of Plymouth Gin in the price

  5. #5
    Home Park c.1962

    Name:  Home pARK 1962.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  29.7 KB

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Do those prices include the flight?
    Oi Mr I was one of those ripped off have less!

  7. #7
    Have you no faith in human nature? He did say he wanted to pay everyone back. Be patient man

  8. #8
    Ok I'll keep on waiting...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Home Park c.1962

    Name:  Home pARK 1962.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  29.7 KB
    I've always thought this ground looked very modern even when it was old, if that makes sense.
    It has nothing around it too, like a modern new stadium.

  10. #10
    The league match is now a dead rubber for us

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Oi Mr I was one of those ripped off have less!
    Is the Lee bloke still around? If I ripped ninety odd people off to the extent that he did, I'd consider myself lucky if I could still walk, talk, or type. Did anyone sort him or did he flee abroad?

  12. #12
    I heard he had a couple more pubs but sad to say he didn't seem to succeed there once a few Millers got wind of him and put a few strategic spanners in the corporate works

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    689
    Been there twice, lost twice (2-0 and 1-0) both late 1970’s.

    First one - went on Riley’s. Set off from Corporation Street at 11 pm Friday night, in Plymouth by about 7 in the morning. When we arrived the driver had tuned in to the local radio and their was a phone in show. So I rang up for a laugh. The guy asked me how many had travelled down so I said that due to it being so far we had only brought about 53 coaches. Lol

    Loved the place.. Great city. Plymouth Ho (known as Plymouth Ho Ho at Christmas)
    As for the game we all sat up at the back of the main stand singing about cucumbers (oh arr) we got well beaten 2-0. They had a prolific striker at the time (Fred Binney) who scored both goals.

    We had a fantastic night in Plymouth and boarded the coach at 11 at night,worse for wear ( seem to remember the bus station revolving around a bit, with my mate shouting “ I’ve had 21 whisky and oranges I have”) back in town for about 8 am Sunday morning. Awesome trip that was.

    Second one - Me and my mate did a sponsored hitch hike for Charity. Set off from the top of Junction 33 at 11pm on the Friday night and arriving in Plymouth at about 2pm (an hour before kick off) we were stranded at Exeter bypass for about three hours, so cheated a bit and got a taxi for the last 40 miles (cost us 6 quid a piece).
    Went to the game .....lost 1-0 somehow managing to miss an open goal in the last minute ( we were specialists at that). Came back on the coach and spent the night in Torquay before travelling back through the night.

    We raised £160 for the local hospital ( remember presenting the cheque to councillor Eric Manns ( the Mayor at the time)

    Great days. Great memories. Not always about winning. Wonderful people all like minded following our team - the only team for me - the wonderful Rotherham United. Much more than a game it was a way of life.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,340
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Make a weekend of it if you can , great city , plenty of hotels and great pubs and restaurants .

    Last visit was around 9 years ago when we needed points to stay up on the final day and a 1pm sunday kick off .

    We travelled down on the saturday morning and got a B&B near the Barbican , cracking weekend and we stayed up and sent Norwich down .

    I’ll be going for weekend

  15. #15
    If results go for us this weekend i can see us resting a lot of players. We could also be playing them in the play offs so won't want to give too much away. It will be a difficult decision for warney how to play it. I would be tempted to play 4 5 1 a la wigan and have a practice at shutting then out in case we get them in the semis.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Been there twice, lost twice (2-0 and 1-0) both late 1970’s.

    First one - went on Riley’s. Set off from Corporation Street at 11 pm Friday night, in Plymouth by about 7 in the morning. When we arrived the driver had tuned in to the local radio and their was a phone in show. So I rang up for a laugh. The guy asked me how many had travelled down so I said that due to it being so far we had only brought about 53 coaches. Lol

    Loved the place.. Great city. Plymouth Ho (known as Plymouth Ho Ho at Christmas)
    As for the game we all sat up at the back of the main stand singing about cucumbers (oh arr) we got well beaten 2-0. They had a prolific striker at the time (Fred Binney) who scored both goals.

    We had a fantastic night in Plymouth and boarded the coach at 11 at night,worse for wear ( seem to remember the bus station revolving around a bit, with my mate shouting “ I’ve had 21 whisky and oranges I have”) back in town for about 8 am Sunday morning. Awesome trip that was.

    Second one - Me and my mate did a sponsored hitch hike for Charity. Set off from the top of Junction 33 at 11pm on the Friday night and arriving in Plymouth at about 2pm (an hour before kick off) we were stranded at Exeter bypass for about three hours, so cheated a bit and got a taxi for the last 40 miles (cost us 6 quid a piece).
    Went to the game .....lost 1-0 somehow managing to miss an open goal in the last minute ( we were specialists at that). Came back on the coach and spent the night in Torquay before travelling back through the night.

    We raised £160 for the local hospital ( remember presenting the cheque to councillor Eric Manns ( the Mayor at the time)

    Great days. Great memories. Not always about winning. Wonderful people all like minded following our team - the only team for me - the wonderful Rotherham United. Much more than a game it was a way of life.

    Great story , it's what it's all about isn't it following clubs like ours .

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ll be going for weekend
    Enjoy it mate , it's possibly the best weekender of them all in my opinion .

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,340
    Next away game.

    Come on you mighty millers

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinton
    Posts
    1,135
    Missing this one due to back issues full (spinal fusion in 2009) been giving me some right hammer lately. Done Plymouth 6 times so i wont be missing anything and only missed 2 all season Gillingham been the other . Safe trip to those that are travelling .If i remember right there is a away friendly pub round the corner from the ground but they don't like singing in there for some reason . I predict 2.1 to us and it will mess their chances of a p/o up.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    MISERY GIT COUNTY.
    Posts
    3,810
    Only been to Plymouth - Home Park twice, not seen us lose there !!
    First game was around 1970/71 season, we were losing 3-2 and Neil Hague a local lad scored the winner.
    We set off from Rotherham at midnight on the Friday and arrived at Plymouths main Bus Station at 6am.
    It rained all day and today that match would have been cancelled, pitch resembled a ' rice paddy field '
    A good Saturday night out in Plymouth and set off back at 1am Sunday morning....happy days.

    Second time was 2012/13 season and Agard scored the winner.
    We went down on the Friday and stayed at the Jury's Inn, spent most of the weekend in the Barbican area and came back Sunday teatime....happy days.

    Can't make this one due to prior arrangements, enjoy the game if you're going.....U.T.M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •