+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Dave

Has Darren Moore proved himself in the last 2 matches? We were pretty poor last week and United were dire on Sunday. let's see how the rest of the season pans out before calling for Big Dave to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Has Darren Moore proved himself in the last 2 matches? We were pretty poor last week and United were dire on Sunday. let's see how the rest of the season pans out before calling for Big Dave to take over.
    Why is it that whenever Manure lose it's because they played badly and not how well the opposition played, last Sunday we pressured them all over the pitch and they just couldn't cope with us being in their faces
    Last edited by Baggies_Boy_Tony; 18-04-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    You cant help but love Big Dave. Honest as the day is long. We need to bounce straight back up so do we want a rookie manager? I don't. I do think though that Big Dave could have a successful future in management. Just a feeling.
    Mmmmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQegbtKXlHU

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    You cant help but love Big Dave. Honest as the day is long. We need to bounce straight back up so do we want a rookie manager? I don't. I do think though that Big Dave could have a successful future in management. Just a feeling.
    We had an experienced manager in Pardew....that turned out well!

If you think he could be successful in management in the future, why not give him a go?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    All opinions I guess, but I thought we were the better side v Swansea. And I thought we were solid v Man U away.

I don't think you can prove yourself over 2 games, but I think you can put yourself in the shop window, which he has. You are right though, if we lose every match from now until the end of the season then the clamour will stop, but if we take points the opposite will happen.

It would be nice to go into next season with a bit of momentum behind us. I can't remember the last time we had a good end to the season!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    All opinions I guess, but I thought we were the better side v Swansea. And I thought we were solid v Man U away.

I don't think you can prove yourself over 2 games, but I think you can put yourself in the shop window, which he has. You are right though, if we lose every match from now until the end of the season then the clamour will stop, but if we take points the opposite will happen.

It would be nice to go into next season with a bit of momentum behind us. I can't remember the last time we had a good end to the season!
    I'm very much in agreement with you. Although we lacked a cutting edge we were definitely the better side against a very poor Swansea and Manchester United was a cracking performance. All be it Utd contributed to their own downfall as they were off the pace following the Lord Mayors Show. What frustrates me is we were the better side versus Swansea both home and away and still couldn't beat them. Indicative of our season as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Mel, the next big thing according to that p rick you mentioned McDonough who somehow managed to become kingmaker, but then we only survived after that great goal from Amalfantano at Norwich imo.

I'll never forgive the idiotic mel for playing Lugano over Gmac against the vile when we lead 2 nil and lost 3-4.
    It wasn't his best goal during the season long loan. There were 2 better ones. The cheeky chip over the Cardiff goalkeeper from the edge of the box, but even better was his goal against Man Utd, when he broke from mid-field, nutmegged Ferdinand and then chipped over de Gea. Now that was brilliant.

Perhaps Berahino's goal to win the game against West Ham was more in the keeping us up mode!!

The more I see and hear Darren Moore, the more I lean towards giving him the job. Yes, he's still learning, but he knows the division we're bound for as well as anyone.

Is it the Ricky Sbragia factor all over again as seen at Sunderland once Roy Keane was ousted? I do wonder, but you can't doubt that should he have to turn on his players he cuts a formidable figure. Sbragia was the players' mate, as often coaches are but unlike Moore I'd wager that the players didn't fear him. It's healthy for a team to have a bit of fear for a manager, mix that with a nice side, and for me you have the beginnings of the right ingredients.

Is it too big a gamble? Who knows, but what I can say is, having managed a team myself and occasionally having to pull the boots on myself towards the end I realised how much more I noticed from playing with the team, being on the pitch around them, seeing and hearing more. My point is, Darren Moore for me is still in touch with the players around him as he's still quite young. Getting out of the Championship is something he will know about only too well.

I've been in favour of Pearson all the way but now I'm starting to think hard.

The answer could be right under our nose

Got to admire the way that Big Dave has restored some pride and passion back to the club.

But historically throughout the league caretakers usually fail when taking over the full job...they are a cheap option and never get the full amount of backing or funding to do the job.

I remain in the Pearson/Shakespeare combination camp and firmly believe if they are not appointed we will be in the doldrums for a long time.

If they are not appointed and we go straight back up....I don't mind egg long my face...:-)

Happy 44th birthday Darren Moore, a class act .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)