+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Year Of The Ratt...

The Year Of The Ratt...

...is over, as the recently absent Rattea has relinquished his moderator duties and after a one-man campaign by Ramanag as hard-hitting as 'Free The Weatherfield One' all those years ago, Yours Truly has been made moderator of the Ram Inn.

My personal thanks to Rattea and Bloomer for their efforts while I've been a member, never quite sure what the issue was with Rattea but I aim to be as hated over time.

Any issues please PM me and like any good DJ I'll completely ignore you (joking of course)

Regarding recent bans, all that predates my appointment so I can't influence them, but I'm guessing deep down FM want us to be all one happy family so I'd guess there will be relaxing of such bans in due course. Just guessing.

Great start. Deleted a Romanis thread in error! Sorry Rom

Romanis wanted to know if I could and would rescind bans, and urged me to do so, here's my answer

Thanks for the suggestion, BUT even if I did want to commit Harakiri on my first day, the evidence in terms of forum posts are, as I suspected from modding php boards elsewhere, completely deleted, not just hidden, so I have no evidence to make even a personal judgement on. So my learned view your honour is 'it kicked off' and 'there was fallout'

Congratulations Andy and good luck .

Good luck Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    ...is over, as the recently absent Rattea has relinquished his moderator duties and after a one-man campaign by Ramanag as hard-hitting as 'Free The Weatherfield One' all those years ago, Yours Truly has been made moderator of the Ram Inn.

My personal thanks to Rattea and Bloomer for their efforts while I've been a member, never quite sure what the issue was with Rattea but I aim to be as hated over time.

Any issues please PM me and like any good DJ I'll completely ignore you (joking of course)

Regarding recent bans, all that predates my appointment so I can't influence them, but I'm guessing deep down FM want us to be all one happy family so I'd guess there will be relaxing of such bans in due course. Just guessing.
    Don’t blame me...you’re already sounding like a politician!
    Good luck but get a grip, stop making excuses and reinstate the ***** 3.

P.S....and the word ‘v*t*l’ ffs!!!!!

Good luck Andy. Hope your appt has'nt been made too late!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Great start. Deleted a Romanis thread in error! Sorry Rom

Romanis wanted to know if I could and would rescind bans, and urged me to do so, here's my answer

Thanks for the suggestion, BUT even if I did want to commit Harakiri on my first day, the evidence in terms of forum posts are, as I suspected from modding php boards elsewhere, completely deleted, not just hidden, so I have no evidence to make even a personal judgement on. So my learned view your honour is 'it kicked off' and 'there was fallout'
    Eh? What are you on about Andy? The question is quite simple really, if there was no instruction not to touch the bans, then obviously the decision can rest with you.

Simply find some posts where the 3 or 4 persons had posted, click on their account profile and rescind. Yes perhaps they did spam or promoted a rival forum and as such required some sanction. However some 3 weeks or so has passed, and these users are not known to be disruptive or troublemakers. In fact worse has been committed with no action whatsoever, during the Rat years.

So why not lift the bans? Basically HQ leaves the running of boards to individual mods and editors, they only get involved when something serious occurs and the standard is that, they notify the mods and editor to take the action, they do not normally intervene directly. In this instance, since the matter involved the then editor, they were forced to act directly.

So you're not committing hara-kiri, I dunno where you got the impression, such proposed action by yourself equates to that"
    However as I did ask, if you were specifically told not to rescind, then of course the matter is closed.
    But if they didn't, therefore I'm urging or recommending that you do just that. I'm not demanding, the decision is yours to make.
    If you feel that the bans should stay, well that's your decision. Again without demanding, rather just to know where the matter stands, it would clearer things up and we can move on, if you let us know your answer.

And certainly not in the manner you replied. Sorry I'm bit too thick to read between the lines.

And oh yes, I did recommend you at the very start (on the day itself) and followed it up last Friday. So maybe I can claim some reward? A copy of your new book would be good!

Romanis, see the PM I've sent you

You and any forum member who wants a copy of my book are welcome to one, any new book will have to wait til I've written it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)