+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie v the dons

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    To be fair Shinnie,McLean and Logan have played in the big games this season and we have still been shyte.

The whole thing of the 3 of them missing last week is a poor excuse imo.
    Yes, but it wasn't;t just missing the 3 though. We were restricted by our two wingers being doubtful as well.
    Not to go over old ground, but losing the goal changed the game. Until then we were the better team and then capitulated.
    Interesting to hear that we were far better with those 3 back in the team with 2 of them scoring

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think central belt fans, probably unfairly, think the club should hold certain standards. Playing Celtics players, drinking from the loving cup etc makes an absolute mockery of my school days
    Never mind school days. The standards of accepting what we at Aberdeen achieve nowadays has dramatically dropped. The loving cup ceremony was a dreadful moment that made me really see what our club stands for nowadays. A shocking display from Aberdeen from playing staff to directors that night. That was a far bigger bottling job than anything else this season from the club!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The loving cup ceremony was a dreadful moment that made me really see what our club stands for nowadays. A shocking display from Aberdeen from playing staff to directors that night.
    I felt so disgusted by that (especially from being there on the night) that it was the first time I decided to send a strongly worded email to the club letting them know.

Didn't receive a reply of course.

C*nts.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I felt so disgusted by that (especially from being there on the night) that it was the first time I decided to send a strongly worded email to the club letting them know.

Didn't receive a reply of course.

C*nts.
    I was there also. Craig Brown and the guy Skinner should have been skinned alive after that. What a sad day as an Aberdeen supporter witnessing that!

Anyone that was there, how did Reynolds do at left-back ?

I saw him play against Hearts at Pittodrie two seasons ago at left-back where he got up and down the wing and he looked a far better option than the lumbering Andrew Considine.

I note that no-one is questioning/challenging the repeated claim that McLean has 'come onto a game since joining Norwich'.

So ... is it really true that the more often, frequently and widely a lie, or comment lacking in factual basis occurs, the more it becomes indiscernible from truth, and more likely to be accepted as such?

... Lets nip this one in the bud ffs ... some us do actually get our info, and form our opinions from sources/observations outwith this forum.

I for one, although not overly excited by McLean as a player, fully acknowledge his contribution ... including the 'unexciting' bit. Expect he'll be among the candidates for our POTY ... a shade behind Shinnie and Lewis ... and possibly, undeservedly, a shade behind McKenna .... but hey .... if he gets the award, I will raise a glass and say 'good on ye min!'.

As an old boss once said to me ....'ye dinna miss i' watter til i' tap drins dry'.

What's our options when up against a Celtic team who got £27m just from TV rights this year? We can moan about McInnes' team selection (not once has he played the same team this season), about his recruitment (duly but belatedly acknowledged), about his loyalty to certain players (Considine being the most notable), a small and weak squad compounded by loanees, very little opportunity for youth (McKenna being an exception to the rule and Frank Ross being described as brilliant for Morton yesterday) or his total inability to change tactics when things are going pear shaped?
    Despite all that we are in pole position for second place again with some very tasty fixtures to end the season. Unfortunately this may not be good enough for some but the realism is it is all down to finances when it comes to winning and in that respect we are actually punching above our weight. I do think it is time for a new manager but would also like to see what McInnes does over the summer in his " recruitment" and assembling a new squad and if he is capable of developing a system and style of play that is consistent and pleasing on the eye. That might actually define him more as a manager

Quote Originally Posted by Nae Huns View Post
    Stand free
    Indeed sir and always will regardless of whoever is coaching or playing for the once michty that I was lucky enough to be told at a very young age to support......it is Groundhog Day for certain individuals on here after every result of late, good,bad or ugly, it is good to have debate/opinion 100%, sadly, reasoned debate is beyond some.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    If you want a moan though, I will say that I didn't become an Aberdeen fan to watch Norwich players or Celtic players.
    But thats for a different thread.
    When they pull on the shirt, they are an aberdeen player

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The whole thing of the 3 of them missing last week is a poor excuse imo.
    Couldn't disagree more. Shinnie and McLean are the heartbeat of the team, set the tempo through midfield. Losing one for a game we can cope with, but not both.

Top priority this summer is someone to play alongside shinnie in the 2 in midfield

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast