+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allardyce & Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by sirlesbradd View Post
    i 100 per cent agree, nolan has done wonders with notts and this is why it angers me and frustrates me so much when people critise him. he is a rookie manager that needs put support not moaning at. I'm fearful that we will drive him away
    Actually there are not as many full-time "moaners" on here as you think.....JohnnyT does it because he is our talisman, WE WANT HIM TO SAY IT......Durham is just Mr Negative and backs up his moaning by going to most games and paying his dosh, Banjo has a moan on the MatchDay thread but cheers when we score.....after that, the rest of us call it as we see it....me, Bo, Laxton, AntiClough etc, if it is ****e, we say so....if it is pretty good, we are suddenly Barcelona......JoeSoccerman would back a snail if it was dressed in black-n-white stripes....how any of that is going to "drive away Nolo" is beyond me....I think he is made of sterner stuff than that......plus AlusBigus, the guy is a businessman, someone moans about their t-bone and french fries and he is selling the Nottinghamshire?......errrrr, no

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    My vote too would be a 9/10 but a loss of half a point for the transfer fiasco in January.
    I think it's harsh to blame Nolan for the transfer window letdown, as manager he makes his requirements known to the board and then it becomes their job to get them over the line. I remember Hardy making some very optimistic tweets at the time, so the fact they didn't happen is more down to him than Nolan. Irrelevant anyway, as the question was 'Do you agree that the present manager and coaching staff can get the best out of our players'? The recruitment of those players is a different question.

I'm afraid I will always give Fat Sam a zero rating.

KN - at least an 8.5/10 but he's way short of AH's rating of a future England manager.

I think the 8.5 or 9 out of 10 score given by most above is fair. I've got a couple of minor criticisms, such as the brief dalliance with one up front tactics at home that failed (as ever), and the over-reliance on older players (and talk of more), but it would be churlish to deny that Nolan has greatly improved our fortunes, and that the relationship between the current manager and chairman is arguably better than Ray Trew achieved with any of his appointments. I think this breeds stability and helps us through the inevitable bumpy moments. Overall, the club definitely seems to be on the up, regardless of whether we literally go up this season or narrowly miss out.

Its an 8 from me yes he's done well with a standard div 2 (4) players
    I knocked half a point off continually harping on about referees and penalties not given
    One point for the Forte issue .
    Another half point for being a bit sulky when things are not going his way yes he's still learning but when he's learnt he'l be gone.
    I will give him the two points back if we get promoted this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think it's harsh to blame Nolan for the transfer window letdown, as manager he makes his requirements known to the board and then it becomes their job to get them over the line. I remember Hardy making some very optimistic tweets at the time, so the fact they didn't happen is more down to him than Nolan. Irrelevant anyway, as the question was 'Do you agree that the present manager and coaching staff can get the best out of our players'? The recruitment of those players is a different question.
    Unless it was Hardy who decided to sign half a team of new midfielders, I think you can probably argue that Nolan had his priorities wrong somewhat in Janury. Still, we’d had two great windows, so can be forgiven a dodgy one.

Allardyce has done ok at Everton but I really can't see him being there next season. Anyway I'd give Nolan an 8 for this season, I do think he is a bit over rated but that's by the owner more than anything and promotion is still possible so you can't really argue.

Big honest (not ) Sam says the survey was a marketing slip up . Well he'd know all about slip ups wouldn't he the fat greedy c*t !

ps. How to slip out the back door is something he's good at though.

pps. 9 for Nolan. Football's not been that great, but exceeded my expectations.
    Last edited by navypie; 19-04-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12